Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 26, 2014, 02:19:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSA thieves  (Read 10968 times)
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 06:00:24 PM »

Man that sucks. Beemaster had his in carry on luggage and they told him if he wanted to keep it he would have to run it down  to the tarmac and put it in his checked luggage while they were loading up.  That seemed a little odd that they would let someone do that and to have access like that. In the end he had to leave it behind.

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 06:38:35 PM »

Update!
I received a call just a few moments ago from the airline baggage claim department. According to  the person I spoke to the TSA does have my honey. Rat Finks.

The airline is working with the TSA to get my honey from them as the TSA is suppose to turn it over to the airline. The woman I spoke to said she will call me when she has it in her hands. So right now this is like the fantasy of the supermodel date but the reality may end up very different. After a bit of conversation I have given the woman my wife's cell phone number. She is to call my wife tomorrow when she is actually holding the jar of honey. At which point and time my wife will get it and then run to the post office and pirority mail the honey to my job location.

I want her to label it saying that the contents of this package have been previously confiscated by the TSA.  Wink   Okay maybe not.

I also told her to take the honey and pour it all over the TSA screening equipment. My wife just refuses to cooperate with my ideas.  Smiley

There is hope but I will hold out for reality.

I asked the baggage claim rep how long items the TSA seize normally take to get the airline? She didn't give a direct answer but let's say this impression I get is just long enough for the TSA claim paperwork to expire.

So the situation is I may have my honey back. I have some numbers to the local TSA office which are apparently real valuable. I may auction them off on ebay. I also have the email for the local director of the TSA. I should sell it to spammers but I will instead send a letter thanking them for their help (which was negligible) and asking some questions about the confiscation of items from luggage.

My wife says there are a bunch of SUV parked across from the house with tinted windows and it seems like someone may have been in the house and put everything right back exactly where they found it.  cool  (sarcasm)

I am waiting for my name to end up on the no fly list. (sarcasm, I hope)

Now what would be really funny is I give the honey to UtahBees and he tastes it and thinks it tastes awful.  Cry

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 09:27:50 PM »

Hmmm...Understudy, I think its really a job by the DEA! They just WANT you to think its the TSA!
 I bet your bees were pollinating marijuana fields grown by outlaws just within a few miles of your hives. Hence the pollen in your honey that triggered the alert of the dope dogs at the airport. Now, I bet during the time the honey was missing they were really testing the honey for THC levels... By the way,....Have your bees been missing the landing board? Have the bees been flying extra slow? Have you seen bees on your deck eating more Doritos than usual? Do they have white spit in the corners of their mouths?
Hope theres some honey still left in the jar when you get it back!
your friend,
john

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007, 09:57:53 PM »

TSA Confiscated Honey, so good, you can't even taste it, but wish you could. Hope you get it back. Some claim checker was probably asleep in some corner with his arms wrapped around the bottle, dreaming about how good its gonna taste on his toast in the morning. I hope not.

Sincerely, JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 09:46:38 AM »

Brendhan, what a story!!!  You do tell the tale and tell it well.  Oooooh, you make me wanna laugh!!!!!  Interesting and very humorous reading, gotta love it.

What a bunch of crap this has had you go through. What a waster of your time, I can't stand that and your frustration is clearly understood by us all.  I am glad that the poor little lost jar of honey has finally been found, but, oh brother!!!

Last summer we were travelling by air to Toronto for our Neice's wedding.  I had several jars of honey wrapped up nicely in my carry on.  Not being a traveller, I did not realize that liquids could not be brought into the plane with the carry on.  They made me put it into the baggage that went on the plane.  Now our bags had already gone to that never never land, where they may never return from, so we had to put it in the special baggage.  It was again wrapped up really well.  It did arrive safely and we brought it to give as gifts.  Guess I am lucky no one took ours. 

So, you had a happy ending to a terrible nightmare, yea!!!!  Beautiful day, great life on our great planet, Earth.  Cindi 

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2007, 09:52:33 AM »

There are only two things the government does quickly

1. Take your money
2. Lock you up

Everything else they take their time on.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2007, 10:26:53 AM »

I have come to find out they also took my razor. I use a straight blade razor. A very nice one that cost me quite a bit. This one they can't seem to find. I am really not happy with these guys.

They still have not called my wife yet either.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Dane Bramage
Field Bee

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2007, 11:14:06 AM »

Don't steal the governemnt hates competition.

I traveled via airlines for the first time in a looooong while over this last summer (~10yrs ago I had to fly every week, it got rather old even then b4 the TSA nazis).  I brought a bunch of honey jars in checked baggage.  I had them vacuum sealed and then wrapped in bubble wrap.  The packaging had all been cut and then tapped back shut.  I was a little disappointed (now if they broke they would leak) but, after reading your post - I'm just glad they didn't steal it!   rolleyes

I'm thinking if I have to take any flights - ship everything ahead except small ("safe and approved") carry-on.  tongue

randydrivesabus
Queen Bee

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2007, 11:45:40 AM »

They are going to move to some third world country and question me about my honey. This way they don't have to abide by american laws on treating citizens.

And remember..... Water boarding is not torture.
my first thought when i hear water boarding is that it is an event at the summer olympics.
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2007, 11:23:52 PM »

Well my wife called me about 5:30 pm EST. She has the honey.
The TSA may have my straight blade razor. They don't turn over those type of items to the airline they may just throw them out.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I am going to make their life suck. I am going in there with Burger King applications because that is going to be the only job they might qualify for when I am done with them.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 11:58:01 PM »

Some one else having airport trouble

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071213/ap_on_fe_st/vodka_quaff

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 11:59:26 PM »

Finsky?!?!?

Wink

Sincerley,
Brendhan

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2007, 05:59:47 AM »

Brendhan, you are a very bad boy! Finsky! Ha!  grin Sorry Finsky. Wink Smiley

Sincerely, JP

and

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2007, 10:12:48 AM »

Well I have decided I am going to push buttons with the TSA.

I had the priviledge of having a wonderful home cooked meals last night at UtahBees house.
I was also given a jar of his excellent honey. I have wrapped it up and placed in my luggage.
I would like to attached a tag that says "This is not a bomb" or "Stop stealing my honey."

Outside of my home airport the TSA at SLC are the biggest morons out there. So this is going to be interesting. I am going to be at the airport early.

I should send an email to the local TSA director letting them know.
"Brendhan is flying again, with another jar of honey. Please don't steal from him."

Sincerely,
Brendhan

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2007, 11:09:38 AM »

I could just see it now on the six o' clock news, breaking story, the bomb squad surrounding your jar of honey that says, "this is not a bomb."  They're slowly moving in with their goofy suits on, machine guns in hand, then Bill Murray in his Meatballs character, steps in and opens the jar, sticks his finger in while standers by are puking their guts out, he raises his finger in the air and says, "this is the best darn honey I've ever tried, you gotta try this" and he's waving his finger in the air walking around saying "taste this come on" grin, and they shoot him, then Brendhan gets a phone call!

Sincerely, JP

and

pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2007, 11:15:05 AM »

I hope we don't have to start a get Brendhan out of jail fund.  evil

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2007, 11:15:17 AM »

understudy, i don't know how responsive your congressional reps are, but try writing all this down and sending it to them.  i recommend the you send it USPS and not email.  seems to get a better response.  they made us have this crap.  they should hear about it.  OFTEN! and loudly.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2007, 11:18:56 AM »

I'm with Kathy and think we all should do this as well when something like this happens to us.

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2007, 02:03:18 PM »

kathyp

You are right about talking to my congress members about this. I had actually planned to alert my county commisioners also whose run the airport also. There will be something going out to them I just need make sure that I don't end up with a visit from the secret service.

The saga continues.

I have just now gotten to SLC airport. There is a difference here between my home airport and here. At SLC you take your luggage to the baggage screeners leave it with them and then you go through the standard TSA metal detector and carry on screening at the other end of the airport. At my home airport the airline takes it and the screening of luggage is done behind the scene.

I arrived at SLC early. Checked in and took my luggage over and stayed and watched them screen it. Now they went through my tool bag , after it came through x-ray. They didn't lift anything. So no problem bag is zipped back up and place on the belt to be loaded on the plane. My suitcase came through and sure enough it gets flagged. He pulls it over and goes right in for the jar of honey. Now Scott's honey has no label and no comb. It is also smaller than my jar. The screener looks at it with a kinda of miffed look. The second screener says it's honey. The first screener dabs it with a swab and checks to see to if shows up with any explosive chemical residue. Test's ok because he puts it bag in the bag. Not quite as well wrapped as I had it but it should be ok. So Scott's unmarked no comb honey is way safer than my honey.

So why didn't my home airport do the same thing. Does my honey test positive for explosives? I seriously doubt that. But I am going to have some fun at the airport when I am home.

So Scott gives me honey his wife fixes me a great dinner and here I am empty handed.  embarassed

I will let you know what happens with my illustrious governement officials. I will warn you now don't expect much. I had someone I told about my incident to run it to 20/20 or my local news. That may not be a bad idea either.

The Government Wants Your Honey Breaking News Now Full Report At 6 And 11

evil

Sincerely,
Brendhan

« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 07:29:55 PM by Understudy » Logged

KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2007, 03:11:19 PM »

If things can be stolen, things can be added to suitcases. This is not a safe airport. National security is at stake. Thats the news angle.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next