Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 27, 2014, 07:21:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSA thieves  (Read 10810 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: December 11, 2007, 10:55:52 AM »

As many of you know. I have run out of stock on honey. I had one mason jar left. Well I packed it in my luggage and had it wrapped.

Well I check my luggage this morning so I can give it to UtahBees.

It's gone. The fricken TSA has my honey.

With what may follow I may end up on the no fly list.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 11:02:45 AM »

They already don't like me.
I call the airport and they will not give you the number for the TSA manager at the airport they want you to call an 866 number. When I fly back I am going to have a nice sit down.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 11:07:17 AM »

$^*! Was this item stolen or taken? If stolen, clearly this is a "leak" in our national security in an airport of all places. I cant stand TSA.  Keep us posted.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Finsky
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 12:10:31 PM »

I tell a true story if it helps  Cry

A family cleaned feces from their summer cottage toalet. They put feces in old TV-package and put the box the the carry and started they way to the dumping area.

On the way they went to make shopping into a storehouse. When they come back to car, some one shouted:" Hey. They took your TV!"

Bennettoid
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 12:36:59 PM »

Was this in your carry on? If it wasn't, then it may not have been the TSA.

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 12:37:29 PM »

You can only take a small liquid container. Other wise it could be explosives.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Kimbrell
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 01:03:46 PM »

If the TSA confiscated something out of your checked luggage they should have left a note explaining this.  Sounds like someone with sticky fingers to me!
Finsky
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 01:26:33 PM »

You can only take a small liquid container. Other wise it could be explosives.

We have  systems, where liguid and fast material goes separate.
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 02:01:27 PM »

Understudy is either still enroute, or he is being detained by TSA.

Does anyone hear the musical notes "Swing low, Sweet chariot."?

I have met Understudy, and I am still willing to donate $100 towards bail! evil Who after all would take care of his "unmaintained" florida hives.

shawnwri
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 02:11:47 PM »

There are regulations about what is, and is not, allowed.  If you choose not to follow the rules, don't fly or suffer the consequences.
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 02:24:40 PM »

This was checked luggage. It was wrapped so it wouldn't break. The only thing the TSA ever leave in my bag is the little flyer that says they have been in my bag.

I called the 866 number of course nothing is ever stolen from a bag and they gave me the number for the lost and found at the airport. Which I called and guess what is the wrong number. They also have a form online for that I can't print out fill out and send in. I can expect 60 days for a resolution. It is like a bad sceen out of the movie Brazil.

I was told by the person at the airport who keeps receiving these calls to call back to the 866 number and ask for a supervisor. When you call back and do that they place you in a torture realm by forcing you to listen to bad muzack for an extended period of time at which point you gouge your eyes out.

So I am told by the supervisor that it was the number lost & found but only for items lost in the airport(which it isn't) not by items removed by the screener. Those items are turned over to the airline. They end supposedly in the baggage claim office of the paticular airline. So I call baggage claim and get a voicemail recording. I leave a message.

I call back to the airport to see if I can get the ticket counter for the airline. They won't give that. You need to call the 800 number for the airline. So I do and I ask for the number for the ticket counter, they give me the main number for the airport, saying that is the only number they have.

I call back to the main airport number again asking for the ticket counter. They can't give it. So I ask what numbers for any department in the airport can you give me? He can't give me any and I said well this is a theft lets talk to the sheriff's department in the airport. He can do that.

I speak to the sheriff's office. They have the number for the local TSA desk. I have a new best friend.

I call the number and get the shift supervisor. I explain my situation. She then says she needs to have me call her boss located in the local West Palm Beach office.

I call him. I know have two local TSA numbers. I think I shall rent some billboards and put them on them.

The gentleman is trying to be helpful. But he isn't getting a response out of baggage claim either. He is trying to see who worked yesterday afternoon / evening so he can found out if one of them turned over the honey. But not all of them are working today and they aren't all on shift yet.

I ask why didn't the TSA or the airline contact me at the airport or leave a note in my bag stating something had been removed. He said if they called everyone they had to back that had questionable luggage the planes would need 3-4  hours to clear.

Now in my head I am thinking so it's just okay for you to remove items from luggage?
Apparently it is.

I may never see that jar of honey again. I don't think I should let the TSA take this one lightly.

Sincerley,
Brendhan

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 02:25:51 PM »

There are regulations about what is, and is not, allowed.  If you choose not to follow the rules, don't fly or suffer the consequences.

I followed the rules. They don't get my approval to steal.

Sincerley,
Brendhan

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 02:27:41 PM »

Understudy is either still enroute, or he is being detained by TSA.

Does anyone hear the musical notes "Swing low, Sweet chariot."?

I have met Understudy, and I am still willing to donate $100 towards bail! evil Who after all would take care of his "unmaintained" florida hives.

LMAO  grin grin grin

They are going to move to some third world country and question me about my honey. This way they don't have to abide by american laws on treating citizens.

grin grin grin

Sincerely,
Brendhan

KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 02:43:54 PM »

"Ahmed, stop complaining like a soft-american. You will draw attention to yourself!"

Really frustrating dude. My letter would explain you dont care about the honey, its american lives that have you worried about. If an employee of the airlines or TSA can be swayed by $15 worth of honey, imagine what an alqaida operative could do for him/her? It is a tear in the security blanket of an airport. This employee poses a genral risk aginst security. They are a bad apple and need to be removed. How can the good citizens of Florida sleep at nite if airports are unsafe. Snow birds are on thier way in time for the holidays too. Bad timing.

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 03:07:53 PM »

"Ahmed, stop complaining like a soft-american. You will draw attention to yourself!"

Really frustrating dude. My letter would explain you dont care about the honey, its american lives that have you worried about. If an employee of the airlines or TSA can be swayed by $15 worth of honey, imagine what an alqaida operative could do for him/her? It is a tear in the security blanket of an airport. This employee poses a genral risk aginst security. They are a bad apple and need to be removed. How can the good citizens of Florida sleep at nite if airports are unsafe. Snow birds are on thier way in time for the holidays too. Bad timing.

It's funny I have had cover $500 worth of tools stolen by the TSA in the past year. One small tool at a time. But I am more upset over the jar of honey. I guess because I can replace the tools but that was my last jar for the year. Maybe it is a combination of both and the honey was the final straw of indignation.

Don't steal the governemnt hates competition.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 03:19:24 PM »

I managed to get in contact with baggage claim. The ramp manager says all items that the TSA turn over to the airlines must be signed for. He is going to look into what was signed for yesterday. They took my baggage tag numbers because they will tag the item as to what bag it came from. He said he will call me back later. I am not holding my breath.

But it would be nice if they did have my jar of honey.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

UtahBees
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 04:28:52 PM »

While you're here, I'll give you a jar of my honey to take with you so we can see if they decide to take that one too, and then maybe pull you aside and question you Wink

If not, you'll have some world famous (not) UtahBees honey  tongue

Stealing is bad

Scott

KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 04:47:41 PM »

even bees know robbing is easier than working for a living!

Dubhe
New Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 05:19:21 PM »

Brendhan, I hope you get reunited with your lost jar of honey.  Furthermore, I truely enjoyed your humorous narrative of what must have been a frustrating and senseless scrape with homeland security.  But let's face it, we live in a different age and in a dangerous world.  The TSA is far from a perfect agency, but as someone who helped bring home several precious little girls from the bottom of the Atlantic after an "aviation incident,"  I hope they hold on to any substance was wasn't properly labeled/ declared/ or shipped.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 05:56:19 PM »

They are going to move to some third world country and question me about my honey. This way they don't have to abide by american laws on treating citizens.

And remember..... Water boarding is not torture.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next