Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 16, 2014, 04:10:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: remember this old timers  (Read 1738 times)
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« on: December 09, 2007, 06:13:38 PM »

heres a little flash back for the older crowd of the forum, (AKA: Geezers and Geezets) , this is the 50's and 60's crowd, I was the 70's and 80's crowd  grin

have your speakers on, songs
http://thefiftiesandsixties.com/CarsWeDrove.htm

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 07:01:20 PM »

Ted, where do you find this stuff, that is some really great stuff there my man.

Sincerely, JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 07:40:08 PM »

I really liked that TW Geezer!!
Jacmar
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 07:51:13 PM »

Ted, that sure brings back a lot of  memories of the good old days. Wow, what we didn't do to have fun. We sure had a swinging good time.

Jack

"The key to life is to Die Young at a very Old Age"
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 08:41:22 PM »

yeah it does, when I was out hot rodding driving around in my 72 ss Nova, put a 454 out of a Chevy Dually in it after some alteration Wink , its was green with 3 different colors of primer in spots, wasn't a bad looking car but not a show car, its was what was called a sleeper, no nitros, motor blue printed and balanced, took 6 months to build it, ran good on the street, took it to the Cajun Nation on wednesday night (eleminators night) and ran 1/4 @ 11:67 , cant remember the speed, somewhere around 130mph, never beat anyone coming out of the hole, but friends told me when I hit second it was like I had nitros on it, hard top in car, all us racers would meet at the sonic and chat, if you was looking to race just open your hood or take the hood off. THE GOOD OLD DAYS before wives and kids, and I thought a hot-rod cost alot but not campared to a family, I could run a dragster at thier cost  Wink

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 09:51:04 PM »

They used to have the Drag races at the Arlington Airport before they developed Seattle International Raceway.  I spent almost every weekend roming the drag strip.  I had the best seat in the house, the front seat of the Arlington Police Car.  My Dad worked the races to provide the security required by the City of Arlington, and I always went along.  Great times--My first cat was a 5l Chey coupe that I bought for $15.00.

My first few cars until I went in the Armyin 68: 51 Chevy coupe, 54 Plymouth Belvedre, 55 Nash Rambler Ranch Wagon (The seats would all fold down flat to make a bed the full size of the inside of the car--what a love machine), 1957 Plymouth with typewriter shift (Police interceptor engine--later called a Hemi), and a 1960 Studebaker.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 10:15:25 PM by Brian D. Bray » Logged

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 07:29:32 AM »

yeah it does, when I was out hot rodding driving around in my 72 ss Nova, put a 454 out of a Chevy Dually in it after some alteration Wink , its was green with 3 different colors of primer in spots, wasn't a bad looking car but not a show car, its was what was called a sleeper, no nitros, motor blue printed and balanced, took 6 months to build it, ran good on the street, took it to the Cajun Nation on wednesday night (eleminators night) and ran 1/4 @ 11:67 , cant remember the speed, somewhere around 130mph, never beat anyone coming out of the hole, but friends told me when I hit second it was like I had nitros on it, hard top in car, all us racers would meet at the sonic and chat, if you was looking to race just open your hood or take the hood off. THE GOOD OLD DAYS before wives and kids, and I thought a hot-rod cost alot but not campared to a family, I could run a dragster at thier cost  Wink
Oh my goodness, we (ex and I) had a 72 too, but it had a 327 we built in it.  It was a sleeper, too, olive green with a tan hood and a yellow door (we never did get a chance to paint it).  It was a sleeper, too, I had it one day in front of the mall, and a young punk in a hot Camaro pulled up next to me, revving his engine and looking over at me.  The light turned green and he didn't know what hit him, he was eating so much dust! Ha!  But we had to sell it, it wasn't a family car (I was just pregnant with our first).  That car flew!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 05:36:42 PM »

I had a 1970 Dodge Super Bee,and a 68 Plymouth Roadrunner(Beep Beep)
The 68 had a 383 cubic inch power plant with two  4 barrel carbs and a 4.10 rearend.
Wanna talk about rapidus accceleratus. Those were the good old days.
The Roadrunner was sold(Minus the engine)
The engine ,dual carbs and all, were transplanted along with a 4000 stall converter into my 78 Dodge power Wagon.
That was the fastest truck in town for quite some time. Faster than a lot of the cars,thats for sure.
Still got the truck,but not sure what I ever did with that 383.
I transplanted a 440 out of a 77 police cruiser but it's a dog compared to the previous standard!!
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 07:08:52 PM »

Ann, Ya'll taught that punk a lesson he'll never forget. Should a raced him for pink slips! He's probably still talkin' about how ya'll whipped his lil punk $ss. Anyway, good story. I had this moped once, man that thing could fly, well for a moped.

Sincerely, JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 09:42:55 PM »

JP, I am a motorhead, I can't help myself.  My father started out life as a mechanic from Detroit, even when he had his big, fancy job he was changing his own oil and doing his own tuneups.  He loved cars, got every auto magazine under the sun, and he never missed a car show in Detroit.  The guys in the neighborhood were always tearing perfectly good cars apart installing shift kits, rear ends, headers, cams, whatever, and my head was always under the hood watching.  I still love cars, but the older ones, the things coming out nowadays are just no fun to look at, they all look like seed pods.  Nevermind the fact you need to be a computer technician to work on them  Sad  One of my favorite pastimes used to be going up to New England Dragway and watching the grudge races - or the top fuel dragsters (no alcohol for this girl, gimme top fuel, the power boils your eyeballs!  grin)   Although jet cars under the stars were really amazing......

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 08:45:51 AM »

Ted, coooooool!!!!!  I am 55, so didn't start driving til the year 1968, what I drove was an old Triumph sports car my Dad had souped up, very cool car, loved it, we also had a Hilman and a Corvair.  Seems that cars were really a thing that people really got into fixing up, probably because the cars were fix up worthy.   Nice site anyways, loved the music background, took me way back.

We still have at the A&W on Thursday nights, classic car night and there are some beauties that people bring to show off, it is worth going to town to look at all of them, very coool.  Have a wonderful and great day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 03:32:27 AM »

heres a little flash back for the older crowd of the forum, (AKA: Geezers and Geezets) , this is the 50's and 60's crowd, I was the 70's and 80's crowd  grin

I admire you TWT, you saw in the 20s, danced the swing, were part of the ragtime crowd, lived through prohibition, partied away the 70s and 80s and now youre just kicking back, collecting the rent.
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 03:35:30 PM »

Hey Buzzbee!
 Nothin' like that Superbee I bet!
 I had a '72 Charger..440 magnum...All white with the big black power bulge on the hood..All stock except for the sidepipes and jacked up rear end with bigger wheels and tires...Oh my gosh, I'm lucky I wasnt killed in that sucker! At that time, I didnt know much about turning a wrench so I pretty much drove the life out of it. You dont see the older Chargers anymore and I think in the last 20 years I've only seen 3 Challengers...I actually have dreams about that car, or about getting another one and starting to fix it up.
  The seventies and the "Disco Days" were a great time to grow up in. We used to go to the lake on weekends, and the drive in on Thursday nites(2$ a carload)..It seems now you cant get a kid out of the house as life only exists on TV or video games.
 Ok, I better stop before I REALLY start feeling old!
your friend,
john

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next