Password management software, such as RoboForm, is one of the best security tools that you can use. It will also protect you from keystroke loggers, if used properly. I have used one for many years.
1. You will use more complex (stronger) passwords, since you do not have to remember them. With one mouse click you can generate random, long, and complex passwords.
2. There is never a need to write down a password.
3. You can use a different password for each site.
4. Protection from keystroke loggers, since you do not type in passwords, except your master password. If your concerned about you master password being captured, there are ways to prevent this also.
5. You can automatically fill forms.
I would not be without a pasword manager.http://www.roboform.com/