Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 03, 2014, 12:11:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Microphones  (Read 1153 times)
Shawn
Queen Bee

« on: July 28, 2008, 07:28:27 PM »

Anyone know of a good microphone to get. I had to throw the headset away because the sound was gone. I hooked my 5.1 surround sound speakers up, great for gaming, but now no mic. I need a mic that can withstand the sound coming from the speakers but be able to talk.
Card
House Bee

Ken

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 03:05:55 PM »

Unfortunately, any good mic you get is going to pick up the sound from your speakers, and even if you don't get feedback, all the ambient noise (gunfire, things blowing up, screams of the wounded, etc.) is going to make it almost impossible for other people online to understand what you're saying - trust me, I've tried it.

I pretty much always suggest Plantronics headsets for online gaming for just that reason - and you don't have to sacrifice much in the way of sound quality as compared to your 5.1 speakers if you get one of the better sets. The USB headphones especially offer some amazingly good sound quality.

"You will come to learn a great deal if you study the insignificant in depth." - Buckaroo Banzai
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 05:23:07 PM »

I have a cheap ge headset I bought at WalMart. I leave it set on top of the computer desk with the speakers just a little higher up and have no problem with feed back. We talk with other members of the forum almost nigghtly with the ventrilo program and it works fine. I think you need to uncheck a box in the pc's master volume control to stop the feed back.
Card
House Bee

Ken

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 07:29:40 PM »

That's a good point.

If you're just sitting around chatting then the noise from the speakers is a lot less of an issue. Shawn just mentioned gaming specifically, and that's where the noise from the speakers becomes a real issue.

"You will come to learn a great deal if you study the insignificant in depth." - Buckaroo Banzai
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next