Just google Coturnix quail they are very easy to riase and they are used allot by falconers for treats and feeding the brids of pray. As well as for training. They also are a big thing in the Asian markets and in specilaty markets. At Whole foods markets they get 5.00 for 10 of them Yuck. I sell 50 or 100. 50 would be 5.00 plus shipping about 12.00 and 100 would be 10.00 plus shipping. Very easy to raise and breed and to eat eggs and meat. They breed at 6 weeks and can start laying as soon as 6 1/2 weeks old. The bleep will start there calling at 4 1/2 to 5 weeks old. The hens do this weard purring thing. There eggs hatch at 17 days. They also do not live but 2 to 3 years if that. but an easy breed. The turkeys I raise are all heritage breeds and they will start laying in the spring. I have Royal Palms which are White with black barring and quite the looker but a smaller breed. They dont dress out very big if you want to eat. Toms at 8 months 20 to 25lbs and hens 10 to 12lbs. Then there is the Black Mottleds they are a bigger bird. I am not sure on weights but they are a much bigger breed. They are only breeding 75% true right now out of the other 25% you will get A miss marked Royal Palm with some brown almost looking like a calico but not, A Silver and a black spanish. All of these breeds were used to making this breed. Also they take up to 2-3 years to get there full plumage. They are black with a little white barring and white splotches. Royal palm I would only be able to ship 6 eggs at a time as I only have one pair and they are 25.00 for 6 as this is a rare breed that we are still working on bringing them back we are moving but slowly. The black mottleds I have a Treo Which is a tom and 2 hens. So I would be able to do a doz of those those would be 35.00 a doz because we are still working on them to get them to breed true. You can go to feathersite.com to look up breeds. The other thing I breed is Standard Dark Cornish and Cuckoo Marans. I also have Indian Runner Ducks in 3 different colors. Let me know in the spring what you would like to do. I have shipped all over the US and knock on wood not a cracked one yet. Look in some of the poultry catalogs and turkeys run for hatching eggs about 45.00 to 55.00 a doz. And young poults 5.95 to 8.95 each min of 15 and plus shipping. Just let me know when you are ready Breeding should began sometime in March for the turkeys just depends on how our weather is. They need so many hrs of sunlight on there heads for them to go into breeding mode.
Cindi I will look again what it takes to send eggs to Canada and I will ask a few of the people that has shipped there before. If you were closer to the boarder it is easier to get eggs off that way.
I think that is a great idea, if you don't mind let me know what you have. I would love quail maybe around 60 or so and some of the turkey eggs as well. I would love to hatch out some turkey's. I will do some research on the Pharoh quail. I would like to make sure they could survive here as my plans are to populate the ranch with them. Thank you very much for the offer. Lets put something together...