Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 31, 2014, 03:56:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waxing Gibbous -- 60% of full  (Read 658 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: November 30, 2007, 07:57:28 AM »

Eeks, it is cold, -6 C (21 F).  The skies are still pretty much clear, a few scattered clouds, the half moon is high in the sky, still bright enough to see the eerieness that the moon rays bring.  Pretty, lovely weather when it is so crisp, a nice diversion from the rain that we usually have in the wintertime.  I see three stars when the skies clear that are always in the southern hemisphere, they moved from the east to the west, but always in the south.  Three stars....completely in a horizontal line, beautiful, I love to see these, I am not an astronomer person, I have no clue what these are called, never bothered to find out, but they are a mark of beauty in these night skies.  This day will be cold, with a few hours of some sunshine that will fall on our property.  We have tall trees that run along our southern border, that in wintertime the sun only gets a small break through, intermittently.  Still.....the bees have a couple of hours of lovely sunshine that falls upon their hives, they were out yesterday for a short time, they too enjoyed the sun.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, loving this life we live.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
taipantoo
House Bee

Location: Merrimac, Massachusetts, 01860, United States of America

Me after six weeks of sun in Nome, Alaska

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 10:59:14 PM »

Try this link, Cindi.

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/ataglance

Stars appear to travel in a circle due to the earth's rotation and planets travel across the sky from east to west.
The planets that are visible right now are Saturn (yellow), Jupiter (orange), and Mars (red).

Venus (brilliant blue/white) is a morning 'star' right now.
It never travels across the sky because it is between the Earth and the Sun.
It will disappear for a while and then rise and fall in the western sky as an evening 'star'.

I enjoy your posts very much.
Keep looking up.
Tai
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 09:41:43 AM »

Tai, thank you for the kind words and the link.  That is a really great link, I have indeed looked at it before, Ann put it in one of her posts and it holds a wealth of information.

I love to look up, up is a beautiful sight, night time and day time.  I love to look at the clouds laying on the sweet summer grass.  I would do that often with my girls as they were growing up, that was times of simplicity, young children, laying with their young Mother, making guesses of what shapes we could see in the clouds.  Have a beautiful and great day, lovin' this life we live.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next