Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 17, 2014, 07:03:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abolish Corporate Personhood  (Read 1376 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: December 01, 2007, 04:52:01 PM »

http://www.thomhartmann.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=183&Itemid=38&mosmsg=Thanks%20for%20your%20vote!

As long as the corporation is recognized as a type of artifical person this is what will allow them to rule the economy.

No major questions here. Just a chance for discussion. I don't think many people realize how pivotal the 14 amendment was.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 06:45:32 PM »

Only persons can contribute to election campaigns--by claiming to be persons corporations can spend billions to influence the electorate whereas that would be unlawful if they were non (artificial) persons.  Think about that along with the 14th Amendment.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 10:17:40 PM »

Of the Corporation, by the Corporation and for the Corporation.  angry

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 11:29:57 AM »

of course you have a lot of small family farms and businesses that incorporate for legal and tax reasons.

maybe the focus should be on activist courts and judges that choose to reinterpret and misinterpret the constitution and rulings? 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 03:58:56 PM »

of course you have a lot of small family farms and businesses that incorporate for legal and tax reasons.

maybe the focus should be on activist courts and judges that choose to reinterpret and misinterpret the constitution and rulings? 
Agree about the small family and small business stuff, and also about the judges, but I still think the whole focus has shifted away from the individual and individual rights.  Lobbyists in Washington are one of the biggest problems.  It's all a huge mess and I don't see a way out of it, because the way out is for the individual, and few can afford to take on the legal costs.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 04:55:04 PM »

the way out is to not have a full time congress sitting there legislating.  that way, the lobbyists have nothing to lobby.  let the states deal with their elected face to face.  if congress had to be home and available to account for actions most of the year, they might be a little more careful about what they do when in washington....not to mention the fact that they'd have to choose between doing the peoples business in those few months of work...or screwing around with the peoples money before going back home.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
taipantoo
House Bee

Location: Merrimac, Massachusetts, 01860, United States of America

Me after six weeks of sun in Nome, Alaska

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 07:00:55 AM »

Another thing that would help out a lot would be if the Governors were to be able to appoint their Senators.
The Senators should be representing their State and acting on behalf of the Governor, not representing the people.
That's what Representatives are for.

Lobbyists should be prosecuted for bribery because that is the crime they are committing.

I am a Libertarian and usually stay out of political discussions because it generally comes to no good end.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 11:22:08 AM »

well, don't stay out!!    what's the worst that can happen??  as much as i have wanted to over the years, i have not figured out how to reach through the computer screen and throttle anyone sad.

i always figured that part of freedom maintenance is the exchange of ideas, even the arguing of ideas.  i think that the early meetings of our founders must have been a blast!

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 10:13:56 PM »

Lobbyists should be prosecuted for bribery because that is the crime they are committing.

Not according to the elected representatives, they're the ones who passed the laws that define the distrinctiion between labbying and bribery.  The nice thing about one of the people who makes the laws is that you get to exempt yourself and self-interest.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 11:30:32 PM »

wrong thread post removed.

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next