Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 06:29:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: investing in the future  (Read 1789 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: November 26, 2007, 07:05:46 PM »

On their wedding night, the young bride approached her new husband & asked for $20.00 for their first lovemaking encounter. In his highly aroused state, her husband readily agreed.

This scenario was repeated each time they made love, for more than 30 years, with him thinking that it was a cute way for her to afford new clothes & other incidentals that she needed.

Arriving home around noon one day, she was surprised to find her husband in a very drunken state. During the next few minutes, he explained that his employer
was going through a process of corporate downsizing, & he had been let go. It was unlikely that, at the age of 59, he'd be able to find another position that paid anywhere near what he'd been earning, & therefore, they were financially ruined.

Calmly, his wife handed him a bank book which showed more than thirty years of s teady deposits & interest totaling nearly $1 million. Then she showed him certificates of deposits issued by the bank which were worth over $2 million, & informed him that they were one of the largest depositors in the bank.

She explained that for the more than three decades she had "charged" him for sex, these holdings had multiplied & these were the results of her savings & investments.

Faced with evidence of cash & investments worth over $3 million, her husband was so astounded he could barely speak, but finally he found his voice & blurted out, "If I'd had any idea what you were doing, I would have given you all my business!"

That's when she shot him.

You know, sometimes, men just don't know when to keep their mouths shut.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
qa33010
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 01:40:28 PM »

OOOOOHHHHH  OOOOOHHHHH!!!!   From my wife and I.  Took a minute for the business to sink in...we got it at the same time. evil

Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 02:24:34 PM »

At 59 he would have been able to retire...if he hadn't been paying so much to play....

So far all my wife has invested in is 5 kids....  shocked  Sure hope that investment pays off  Smiley

Rick
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 04:56:50 PM »

Daaaannnng.... Wish I'd thought of that. Let's see now $20 a pop,  2X per month, for 33 years is.....

$15,840  shocked

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 10:08:51 AM »

Kathy, good one, hee, hee, haw, haw.  Good for that wife too, he shoulda, coulda, woulda.  Beautiful day, best of life. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
randydrivesabus
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 02:03:58 PM »

ah...the power of compounding.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 09:51:05 PM »

ah...the power of compounding.

Around my house the only thing that gets compounded is the problems.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 10:38:07 PM »

Daaaannnng.... Wish I'd thought of that. Let's see now $20 a pop,  2X per month, for 33 years is.....

$15,840  shocked

BAHAHAHAHA, I was thinking the same as jerry then got to adding mine up, after 20 years I wouldn't have but about $1800.00, then I got to seeing how many years it would take to equal Jerrymac total and I would have to be married 185 years  Cry   rolleyes  , Jerry you lucky  evil

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 06:12:42 AM »

Yeah I know twice a month is a bit much but the woman can't keep her hands off me  Wink

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Burl
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 09:53:04 AM »

I just feel extremely blessed that my good wife puts up with me.  And after 17 years we still spark like youngsters .  Forget the money , I'd choose my faithful bride anyday .  She's a real Honey of a gal .
                               Smilin' from ear to ear ---Burl---

Of all the things I've ever been called ;
I do like "Dad" the most .   ---Burl---
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 07:33:26 PM »

burl, we might have still sparked at 17 years.  at 28....we kind of sputter.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 09:52:20 PM »

burl, we might have still sparked at 17 years.  at 28....we kind of sputter.....

By 50 it's all one can do to keep the ember aglow.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next