Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 03:08:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anne, Lebanon, Maine  (Read 722 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: November 24, 2007, 10:27:14 PM »

Lebanon, Maine is in very southwestern Maine, just over the New Hampshire border.  But that isn't our fulltime residence (much to Greg's dismay).  We live in Hanson, Mass, which is 26 miles or so south of Boston (but not on the Cape!).  We're in the Eastern time zone.  I think you're three hours behind us (it's 3:10 pm right now, and Foxclocks tells me it's 12:10 in LA, which is the same time zone as you, I believe).

So, how far is it to your Maine, part-time residence from your house?  Is that like a summer home?  Do you have the chance to go there very often?  Would you say it is a couple of hours from your "real" residence, hee hee.  I looked on the map to see where you are situated.  Boston is on the 42nd latitude and you say you are about 26 miles south of Boston.  I think it is funny how the Canadian border goes below the Great Lake and then back up again to be parallel again.  I have no clue why my curiosity gets so hyped up some times, I am of the belief that I must be a strange girl,  shocked Smiley Smiley.  I guess you had best tell me your story, hee, hee.  PM me if you want, instead of this yakity, yak, yak, yak  here!!!!  (That was teasing for you JP, hee, hee  Smiley Smiley Smiley)

Toronto is on the 43rd latitude, so I would imagine that your climate is reasonably close to that of Toronto?  Do you know?  I have been to Toronto two times, and it is a beautiful place, I would therefore imagine that where you live is just as beautiful, yea!!!! (what is the Cape, by the way, you lost me).  Yes, we are 3 hours behind you in the time, weird concept eh?  Great day, great life, great all. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 10:19:26 AM »

So, how far is it to your Maine, part-time residence from your house?  Is that like a summer home?  Do you have the chance to go there very often?  Would you say it is a couple of hours from your "real" residence, hee hee.
On a good day, it takes us one hour forty-five minutes to get up there.  No matter what we've got to deal with Boston traffic, if we leave early enough in the morning we do well, if we leave on Saturday afternoon it can take a good two and a half hours.  We try to go up there every other weekend, but during the winter, it's less frequent - the house is so cold it takes a good day to warm it up, so unless we're going up there for three days it isn't really worth it.  If there's a heavy snow we go, though, so Greg can shovel off the root (it's a shed roof, snowload is a factor he worries about, although he and a friend rebuilt it last year so it's much stronger).

I looked on the map to see where you are situated.  Boston is on the 42nd latitude and you say you are about 26 miles south of Boston.  I think it is funny how the Canadian border goes below the Great Lake and then back up again to be parallel again.  I have no clue why my curiosity gets so hyped up some times, I am of the belief that I must be a strange girl,  shocked Smiley Smiley.  I guess you had best tell me your story, hee, hee.  PM me if you want, instead of this yakity, yak, yak, yak  here!!!!  (That was teasing for you JP, hee, hee  Smiley Smiley Smiley)
Strange is relative, you sound absolutely sane to me!  grin 

Toronto is on the 43rd latitude, so I would imagine that your climate is reasonably close to that of Toronto?  Do you know?  I have been to Toronto two times, and it is a beautiful place, I would therefore imagine that where you live is just as beautiful, yea!!!! (what is the Cape, by the way, you lost me).  Yes, we are 3 hours behind you in the time, weird concept eh?  Great day, great life, great all. Cindi
I think Toronto has a more steady climate than we do.  I lived in Michigan when I was little, and went back there every summer to stay with my grandparents in Marine City, MI on the shores of the St. Clair River (about 40 miles north of Detroit).  The Great Lakes are a great moderator of weather, when it's cold out, it stays cold, when it's warm, the lakes warm up and it stays warm.  So you really do get four solid seasons there.  Here it's up and down all the time, yesterday at 6:30 am it was 19, today it was 34.  It'll go like that all winter.  In Michigan we had reliable snowcover, here it comes and goes on a daily basis, sometimes. 

I've been to Toronto, it's a really nice city (which is saying alot from me, I hate cities).  Laid out logically, great public transportation, and clean!  I went up in that CNN tower and couldn't bring myself to walk on the glass floor, although I did look down quite a bit (I think it's 1250 feet in the air  shocked)  I'd love to get Greg up there, he'd enjoy it.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 10:39:42 AM »

Ann, wonderful, I see in the subject title, I spelled your name incorrectly, apology given.

I love to hear about the different weathers around, so cool, so interesting. Have a wonderful and beautiful day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 03:34:40 PM »

Not to worry about the name, Cindi, lots of people put an 'e' on it.  It's such a simple name, why complicate it with an extra letter?  Wink

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next