Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 04:59:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much water from sugar eating  (Read 841 times)
Finsky
Super Bee

« on: November 23, 2007, 03:50:54 AM »

molecular mass of sugar C12H22O11 = 12(12.01) + 22(1.008) + 11(16.00) = 342.31                     
cellular respiration sugar C12H22O11 --->    6 CO2 +6 H20      six water and six carbondiokside

The relation of water / carbondiokside  mass is 18/48   So one kilo sugar makes 38% water + reliesed water from dilution  it is abouit 400 g water.

20 kg honey or winterfood produces 8 litre water inside the hive.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 09:09:30 AM »

Finksy, coolio.  And then I wondered where the bees got water to consume during the wintertime in the hive, hee, hee, but now this is the obvious, eh?  Have a wonderful and greatest of days.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Dick Allen
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 12:28:43 PM »

Here's a good article on what happens to the sugar syrup fed to bees. Go to the website and scroll down 5 or so pages until you come to the article  titled: `The Inside Story of Feeding Sugar to Bees'

http://www.beehive.org.nz/newsletters/1997/bnl-1997-12.htm

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 10:15:52 PM »

I like the part about the water consumption/release and the directive to feed early enough to still allow comb building while the summer forager bees are still of sufficient numbers to expidite things.  Valuable information.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 10:46:07 PM »

Dick, that really was a wealth of information, some really good reading.  It is now fully understood by me WHY it is important to get the fall feeding done early, my bee course instructor told us how important it was, but I didn't FULLY understand why.  Good stuff.  Thanks for sharing.  Great day, great life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next