Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 25, 2014, 12:57:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some of my rocks - for Cindi  (Read 1268 times)
reinbeau
Super Bee

« on: November 21, 2007, 07:48:35 AM »

Here are some of the rocks I keep around just cuz I think they're neat:

Pegmatite (I'm a former rock hound, I love the larger crystals of pegmatite compared to granite)

This is a quartz boulder I use as a hose guide to keep from crushing my Herbarist rose:

This is a neat rock I found somewhere, to me it looks like it was a tool of some sort, and around here it may well be, this was the stomping grounds of the Wampanoag, they used to follow the Indian Head River that's down the road out to the North River, which empties into the Atlantic.  Anyhoo.....

I just like this one, it's got a nice layer of green on the bottom of it:

And last but not least, this is a rock Greg found on a jobsite (he is constantly bringing home old cobblestones they dig up on jobsites, this was a special one).  He brought it home to me knowing I'd love it as a gravestone for my Molly, my beloved basset hound.  You can see the foxglove babies all around, they grow wild in this yard and decorate her area each year, it's a nice memorial:

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 08:51:17 AM »

Ann, ooooh, those rocks are beauties.  See what I mean?  You have brought a beautiful smile to my face.  You are special.  You were thinking of me and took some pictures of these beautiful pieces of our earth.  Thank you.  The narration was beautiful too.  Dear Molly, so nice that you can have her buried at your place and that beautiful, beautiful rock that Greg found, beauty beyond my wildest dreams.

As you know Ann, I love rocks.  I am a rock picker, I have picked some beauties over the past couple of years while making new gardens everywhere up near the apiary.  I am still in the process of digging and hucking rocks, and my rock pile is getting bigger and bigger.  I am nearing the completion of some new gardens, and using rocks that I have been digging up for tiering the land.  In a couple of weeks, when I have finished tilling everything over, as the last part, I will post some pictures of what I have been up to.  I still think that everyone around here thinks that I am a little bit wierd, to say the least.  I spend hours and hours digging and chucking rocks.  Titan loves it though, because I find so many sticks that he can chase after, only to come back a moment later and wait for more.  Have a beautiful and wonderful day girl, keep bringing on these pictures to share with me (and all our forum friends).  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 04:39:06 PM »

Cindi, you're right about weird, most who meet me and know me for awhile know I'm one strange girl   Wink  But that's ok, one of my slogans is Why Be Normal?  cheesy

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 07:03:08 PM »

Hey did ya'll see a movie called Where The Red Fern Grows?

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 10:31:25 PM »

No, I've heard of it, but I've never seen the movie or read the book.

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 10:52:07 PM »

JP, going deep into the cobwebs of my mind.  I believe that some time in my past I have read the book, "Where the Red Fern Grows", but at the same time, I cannot for the life of me recall if it was the book or the movie that I saw.  When I saw you post that name, "Where the Red Fern Grows", I had a strange feeling, I cannot describe it, but it was a mysterious thought, and still leaves me perplexed as to why I feel this way.  I must ask my youngest Daughter if we have seen or read this book a long time ago, she has a memory so acute that sometimes I wonder where I, myself, went wrong, hee, hee.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, love our life that we live.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 11:42:54 PM »

Ann's post about the foxgloves growing by her beloved dog reminded me of the movie that I saw when I was 11 or 12, now we're going back 30 yrs ago but it was a movie that touched my heart. It was a movie about coon hunting, and a boy who worked hard to get some dogs, if my memory serves me right, the dogs names were Dan and little Ann. When his dogs passed into the next world, he burys them in a special spot, where red fern soon grew afterwards. The red fern signified the bond that the boy and the dogs shared. It was a very touching movie. They later made a second movie that wasn't as memorable to me.

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 09:22:39 PM »

JP, yes, you have triggered that ability to go deep into those cobwebs.  I remember this movie, and yes, I recall it touched my heart, too.  I think that I will be on a lookout to view that movie again.  I wonder which one I recall, the original or the remake. Gonna have to look into that.  Beauty of a day, beauty of a life, great health.  Cindi

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next