Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 29, 2014, 03:30:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's official -- Kooder has finally flipped his lid!!!!  (Read 830 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: November 16, 2007, 08:35:33 AM »

So we have a dog, Kooder is his name, he is the Dalmation X Rottwhieller.  About 9 months ago my Husband replaced the floors in our living room and kitchen with laminate.  He has never liked the laminate floors because they are little bit more slippery than the rugs and lino.  He sometimes gets a little bit uptight when walking on the floor and his fleet clench up a bit.  Well of course, with clenched up doggy feet, come the toes that get ready for gripping and the claws become like little skates on his feet.  He tries to run for the area rugs that we have in these rooms and slips all the way there.  Dumb if you ask me, but this is him, he is rather on the dumbish side, I think it is the Dalmation breed (hee, hee).  Those of you that have Dalmations may also find they are not the brightest.

The other day I saw him as he was going into the front room turn around in the doorway and walk backwards to the area rug in the front room.  Hmmm....I thought that rather weird, but I thought maybe he changed his mind about which way he was going or something.  Then my Daughter was over yesterday morning before she took off for with with her coffee truck, to deliver the wonderful hot drinks and food to the men that work so hard outside, awaiting her to bring them these great foods that will make their day just a little bit brighter.  (Oh why do I tell a tale into such depth, I have no clue)  Smiley rolleyes Wink grin

She was having a coffee in the front room and I was coming in from outside the front of the house.  She told me that she saw Kooder turn around and walk backwards to the rug.  Go figure.  This is not happenchance. I told her that I saw him do that too.  Weird, don't know why.

I was outside a few minutes ago, my Husband had gone back to bed (he gets up about 3:00 to meditate and then go and turn on the coffee burners and food heaters for her coffee truck), and Kooder had gone back to bed with him.  We have a king size waterbed frame with a nice regular mattress inside so it has lots of room for us and the dog.  Hee, hee.  Kooder is not allowed to sleep with us, when we watch TV he is welcome, as are our Grandsons, there is still lots of room and sometimes Koby and Titan (my Daughters two pittbulls) join us too.  They all love to watch TV and hang out on our bed, and there is still room for more kids.  Sometimes our Nephews join us and the Grandsons watching a movie on the bed (oh brother, where was I going with this story anyways).  Hmmmmm.....right.  Ken had gone back to bed, Kooder had too.  I went outside to look at the night sky to get a good feel of what the day's weather is going to be like (maybe some sun, saw some stars, saw lots of clouds, clearing in the southwest, probably some sunshine).  I heard Kooder jump off the bed (I have hearing like an eagle) and I opened the frontroom door for him to join me on the porch.  I watched him, he came to the frontroom doorway, turned around and walked backwards to the area rug in the front room and proceeded walking forwards to the door which I was holding open for him.

So......what the hey....I think he has officially flipped, and I have no clue what on earth this beauty dog of mine is trying to pull off,......but guess what?   It brings that smile to my face, and gets my day off to a good chuckle.  Now I am going to head off to the forum that has the puns and spoonerisms in it and get even a happier and funnier start to my day.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day on this great planet, Earth.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 09:54:02 PM »

If he didn't slip when walking backwards there's your answer. 

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 12:32:46 PM »

what brian said.  your dog would rather end up on his butt than on his nose  smiley.  sounds like he's pretty smart!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 08:51:14 AM »

Yeah, leading pads get a better grip on the laminate than the leading claws.

You've been underestimating that dalmation!!!

-rick

Rick
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 09:35:48 PM »

I believe he saw a Michael Jackson video and is trying to do the moonwalk.  grin

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next