Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 20, 2014, 01:45:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waning crescent -- 16% of full  (Read 736 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: November 05, 2007, 09:14:12 AM »

Such a pretty site.  (By the way, we have clear skies and sunshine comin' our way today).  I was outside looking at the beautiful clear skies, not cold or freezing, which is unusual now when we have the clear skies.  We have had a few nice days and there has been cold, crispy frosty mornings, but not today.  Cool, but not icy.  Nice.

I was looking at the moon on the southeastern horizon, pretty, as I said in the topic, 16% of full.  There is a bright star shining beside the moon, at approximately the 11:00 position.  Beautiful, bright as bright can be.  If only I was into astronomy, I would know the name of this heavenly body.  Anyone know which star it is?  So bright, so pretty, and brings that smile to my face that only the beauties and wonders of our world can bring to me, at this early hour of the day, my time, my peace and quiet, along with my forum friends.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day on this great planet of ours.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 11:09:40 AM »

I am guessing here as I haven't kept up with the moon and stars and planets for awhile. But usually that bright light is the planet Venus.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 06:55:57 AM »

Depends on what time it was.  Venus is usually visible just after sunset and just before sunrise.  Cindi, can you pm me your actual location and the date and approximate time and I'll fiddle around with my skychart to try to see what was up at that time.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 11:02:54 AM »

Also read the space station and shuttle was suppose to be quite a spectacle as they departed ways. Don't know if that had anything to do with it.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next