Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 02:58:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Differient Instruments  (Read 4448 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 03:12:15 PM »

my mother forced me to take 12 years of classical piano.  i hated it.  when i got older, i realized what a great gift it was to have some ability to play an instrument.  i also played a little accordion just because my mother had one and i found it easy to pick up with the piano background.

both boys took music lesson.  oldest didn't stick with it, but youngest ended up being very good on the trombone smiley.  thank god we had a barn to hide in when he was starting out!

music and math are two languages that require no interpretation.   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 12:41:01 AM »

>>music and math are two languages that require no interpretation.

And still there are so many illiterate.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Clegs
House Bee

Let the good times roll!

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2007, 01:39:02 AM »

Quote from: Mici
ah well, until you know how to play this one, you're not officially an accordion musician
Actually, that is very easy accordion, and it has the help of backup instruments.  I have a Roland baking station (JS-5) that will generate the same effects (only sound much better) with me hardly needing to play.  I currently don't have a way to easily record my playing with that so I have recordings of me playing solo.

I'm very glad that I am able to play a musical instrument, I'm the only one in my family who does and it feels really good being able to create the music, rather then needing to take what other people want to give me.

I've never met one person in my generation that plays the accordion, I wonder how you came to run across so many Cheesy

calebgo.com - My website
Clegs
House Bee

Let the good times roll!

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 07:58:35 PM »

Another video, I made a mistake with the switches but didn't have time (or didn't feel like) to record another version or edit it out, so you'll have to pretend the pause wasn't that long  Wink

This is Red River Valley and You are my Sunshine combined into one song.

You can stream the video here.

calebgo.com - My website
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2008, 11:26:10 PM »

Clegs, oh that was so beautiful.  I could hear you beautifully, so beautifully, but there was no visual of you, was it to be that way?

When I heard you playing, it took me back to my young girl days.  I had taught myself how to play the accordian, I think I probably told you that before in this thread.  Red River Valley and You are My Sunshine were two that I played as well.  They are timeless songs, beautiful songs, and you did more than a most beautiful playing of these two songs.  I listened and I listened, going back years and years in my mind's eye.  You are becoming a very good accordian player, yeah!  Have a wonderful and the most beautiful day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Clegs
House Bee

Let the good times roll!

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 11:57:07 PM »

Yes, there are supposed to be visuals.  I had a camera set-up and I recorded myself.
Try loading it again, maybe in a different browser or update flash.

Glad to hear that you liked it Cheesy
I love playing music arranged by my accordion teacher, he's amazing!

Although I may not be much to look at, my accordion is sure beautiful!  I wish I could find a way to record the music from my backing station with me playing it, but I probably need to get a mixer first.

calebgo.com - My website
Amanda
New Bee

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2008, 12:03:36 AM »

My Grandpa playes the accordion, but he playes just about every instrument imaginable.  I play the French horn, and I play the mellophone in my high school marching band.  I also have a guitar(which I'm going to learn how to play someday), a mandolin (which I'm also going to learn how to play), a piano (I can only play that a little) and a ukulele(which my Grandpa made, and I can't play).  Clegs, I can't watch your videos tonight because my family is asleep, but I look formard to doing that tomorrow.
Clegs
House Bee

Let the good times roll!

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2008, 12:29:44 AM »

My grandpa played the accordion too, that's how I got started.

calebgo.com - My website
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2008, 08:45:53 AM »

Ooooh Clegs.  I looked at the video again, yes I saw the picture this time, my computer is new and improved and I can see stuff now.  You have done an excellent job of this, your playing was wonderful and you play well.  Excellent, and your accordian is a beauty.  For that matter, you are a good looking dude too, and I like your curly hair.  Have a wonderful day, keep working on these pieces of music and bring more of it for us to see, I loved every moment of it.

Amanda, you are a talented young woman to have these musical instruments that you are involved with too.  Yeah!!!!

Have a wonderful and beautiful day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2008, 09:36:34 PM »

I played the accordian for 3 years, it took that long before my parents realized I was never going to be able to keep time.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Clegs
House Bee

Let the good times roll!

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2008, 11:46:47 PM »

Yes, one of the first things I was given was a metronome Cheesy
You should still be able to play waltzes, most of those are played with more emotion and not a strict count.

calebgo.com - My website
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 05:44:52 AM »

I've been playing the bluegrass banjo for 21 years (since I was Cool.  I played with the Southern Transfer Band out of Woodburn Oregon for 3 years semi-professionally.  I also play guitar, dulcimer, a little bit of mandolin, and am trying to learn the concertina (the hex squeeze box like pirates play in the movies).

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 04:23:45 PM »

i played guitar until a slip of the pucket knife on a carving project made it impossible to play certain chords( severed a tendon im my index finger)  finger is pretty well repaired but doesnt have the dexterity to pull certain tighter chords in time,  one day i will pick up a steel guitar or a dobro which can be played without having to depend on the bending of that damaged digit:d so thats incentive to learn a new one.  remember to have fun with your playing 

vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2008, 12:46:49 AM »

Yes, one of the first things I was given was a metronome Cheesy
You should still be able to play waltzes, most of those are played with more emotion and not a strict count.

I tried a metronnome, didn't work too well for me.  My Waltzes always sounded like Polkas.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next