Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 18, 2014, 02:09:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it cheating?  (Read 1755 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: January 21, 2008, 08:03:50 PM »

A thought came to me the other day. My wife and daughter were watching this "reality" show about beauty pageant gals. Miss USA make over or something. There was one of the contestants talking about an accident she had. Something about the explosion literally peeled the skin off her face. I thought it sure looks fine now...... and a connection was made in my head. Plastic surgery is mainly for the purpose of enhancing one's self is it not? Shouldn't that be against the rules like steroids are for enhancing one's physical performance... and it is against the rules.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 10:58:28 PM by Jerrymac » Logged

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 10:32:45 PM »

Some one once said, "it ain't cheatin' until they make a rule against it."  Sounds a lot like Baseball and steroids.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 10:56:03 PM »

That dog is suppose to be running. Maybe he is sick.

And also all that makeup they wear. You can't see the person underneath. How do you know if she is beautiful or not?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 11:35:27 PM »

is physical beauty the measure of a womans worth?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 11:47:48 PM »

That's a trick question right?

Jerry

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 12:11:44 AM »

is physical beauty the measure of a womans worth?
It has a certain worth to it. Just as a man's looks do also. Looks are a factor in life. They have a value. Is it the only thing of worth? No. That is why fat bald rich guys date good looking women because money has a value to women. It gives me hope as I get older.  Wink

Women are able to get by without having to work as hard to achieve certain goals if they are attractive.

Men who show a certain physical prowess are able to do the same. Especially if that prowess can translate into a sporting type situation.

Kellie Pickler is about as daft as they come but she can sing and is attractive.

How many of us know of the up and coming baseball or football star who got injured in high school and can't play anymore. And now has a tough time dealing with life. I know of three I have had to work with.

Fortunatly I had enough brains and humor to overcome my lack of appeal. And I can make any daft attractive chick think I am rich.  evil

Should plastic surgery be allowed into the pagents? If a company makes a better running shoe should someone be allowed to race with it when it gives them an advantage they might not have otherwise? I always thought that equine events in the olympics were a bit wierd because the horse is sentient and is a greater factor in somecases than the rider.

Then I realized it isn't about everyone coming in with a level playing field it is about getting the advantage where ever one can. The rules are designed to try and create a level playing field but don't always succed and everyone tries to find an advantage.

If the plastic surgery was due to injury should she be barred? Why is that different than if it was done for purely cosmetic reasons? What if the surgery was for a minor scar on the lip from a bike accident? What if the surgery is due to a skin condition? What if it was for a cleft pallate as a child? What if the contestant just had rhinoplasty at age 16?

They should make rules as to what level of plastic surgery are acceptable. Just as they should regulate steriods in sporting events.

Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 12:25:47 AM »

I don't find beauty pagents watchable, at all, unless you press the mute button. Its such a turn off, the entire concept, which is what? I guess its a form of comedic entertainment, yeah, that's what it is.

where's the beauty of it, JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 12:31:22 AM »

I don't find beauty pagents watchable, at all, unless you press the mute button. Its such a turn off, the entire concept, which is what? I guess its a form of comedic entertainment, yeah, that's what it is.

where's the beauty of it, JP

Yes, once they open their mouth's it ruins the fantasy.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 12:46:37 AM »

Eaxctly! grin

Give me a real woman any day, but it better be my wife or she'll kill me, JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Clegs
House Bee

Let the good times roll!

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 11:52:47 PM »

Most of the people on those are losers anyway.

A lot of divorces and other "issues" arise from people measuring people only by their looks.

A girl should try to look decent, but if she knows that the guy wouldn't want to be with her if she didn't have the 5 inches of make-up on, then she needs to reconsider why she is with that guy.

Now as to lusting after girls on the TV... that's another issue.

calebgo.com - My website
dpence
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 12:00:32 PM »

I often wonder how we would judge people if we had no eyes...perhaps we would choose wisely.  grin
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 01:29:02 PM »

agree
it's a cheat in "athletics"
but hell, why bother, i pity the fools!
basically, women are nothing more than platforms for beautiful decorations, if we're lucky, in 10 years time, no women will be participating, why would they have to? most of times a plastic doll is smarter than them, plus you don't have to feed the doll, oh wait...models don't eat either... Smiley

anyway...agreed, a cheat which might eventually be illegality.
Clegs
House Bee

Let the good times roll!

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 05:11:14 PM »

Well, as long as people are only interested in girls for their external appearance, it will never be illegal.

When I'm around guys my own age, all they talk about is, "Would you check that out, look at her," and so on.  This is what makes a log of guys objectize girls and leads to rape and murder.

So I don't think we'll see that be illegal any time soon.

Quote from: dpence
I often wonder how we would judge people if we had no eyes...perhaps we would choose wisely.
I think there should be a rule that at least 2/3 of the judges have to be blind  evil

calebgo.com - My website
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 12:49:37 AM »

I often wonder how we would judge people if we had no eyes...perhaps we would choose wisely.  grin

Well, we would certainly know how they feel about things.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 06:28:24 AM »

>is physical beauty the measure of a womans worth?

Not at all.  However it's half of what they supposedly are measuring in a "beauty" contest.  Probably why I can't sit through them...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next