Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 12:28:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 90% of full, Waxing Gibbous  (Read 571 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: October 23, 2007, 09:37:28 AM »

OK, so we are actually going to have sunshine, the weatherman said so.  It is clear and cold outside this morning, no frost yet, but tonight that will come about.  It will be our first frost kill.

I have seen over and over for many years that the days before and after and during the full moon cycle we generally have clearing skies.  We are in such a rainy, wet climate, that this is noticeable  Smiley Wink.  We don't have the amounts of sun and clear skies that so many of you have (and that can be bad, like with the droughts going on, and that is a sad thing). So sunshine is such a thing of beauty for me.

I will have an enormously busy day outside, I have tender bulbs to dig and bring in, this first frost kill will deaden the leaves and then they become mushy to deal with.  All the perennials will be cut down to about 2 inches or so, if I can get around to that end of it, if not today, then tomorrow, the perennials are a little more tough as far as mushing with the frost kill and aren't as slimy.  Yes, we have slimy plants from frost kill, so much foliage from our rainforest weather.

This will be a great day for the bees too, they will get out, they have been rather confined for awhile now, getting out only for short periods when the rain had stopped, and yes, they took advantage of these short periods of no rain.  They are smart, heee, heee.

I am inserting sticky boards again today, just for the fun of it, to see how the mite levels are.  We are now in a broodless period definitely.  Last time I was in the hives, there was no capped brood, except the swarm colony that had raised a little.  I want to have a good look to see how many frames are covered with bees.  Curiosity never got this cat.  (my ear is still rather itchy from last night's sting though)  Wink Wink  Have a wonderful and beautiful day on our great ol' world.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next