Here is how I did the vaporization. I used a shim board with a vent hole, duct tape, a piece of plexiglass, and some metal pipe.
The pipe is two 3" sections and angle joint and an end cap where the acid crystals go. The hole had to be widened a bit to accomodate the pipe. The plexiglass was some that I had around from an old poster frame that I cut to size by scoring with a knife and then breaking off at the score marks.(careful very sharp stuff)
I think that the down tube could be shorter, say 2". I used duct tape to tape the plexiglass on and also put a piece in between the pipe and the plexiglass where they came into contact so as to protect the plexiglass from the heat.
I simply set it on top of the hive. I pluged the entrance and the openning in the back where my mite tray goes and my vent hole so that no vapor could escape. Then I used the torch to heat the pipe.
I began by heating the pipe above the end cap first so that the vapor wouldn't condense inside the pipe. Then I put the torch directly on the end cap where the crystals are.
It took longer that I thought it would to see vapor and then longer before it seemed like it had all been vaporised. the vapor sort of came in waves.
I had a little leakage at the end cap but none anywhere else. I wore a respirator just in case.
After all of the vapor was done I left the hive plugged up for about 10 min. Then took off my gizmo and removed the rags that I used to block up the hive and put the covers back on and the mite tray back in.
I really liked this method over simply inserting the pipe into the hive as I can see what is happenning. best of all is that over the next few days I had tons of dead mites on the tray and no dead bees!!!
Of course you all realise that my intent was not to kill mites but was to bleach my wood work. I would never use an unaproved method of pest control nor would I use a chemical product in any way other than for it's intended purpose......
Thanks to everyone for their help on this it seems to work really well and is simple and cheap. I probably spent $10-$15 and I have enough acid for a lifetime.