Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 01, 2014, 02:54:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medusa´s head palm.  (Read 902 times)
abejaruco
Field Bee

« on: October 14, 2007, 03:41:55 PM »

How many heads had Medusa? I don´t know either. afro
Well really I wanted to post a singular palm that you can see in the photo, under my village.

asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 04:20:29 PM »

Medusa only had one head. She had snakes for hair and lots of them. Nice palm. Does it produce fruit?

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 04:35:52 PM »

Medusa only had one head
Thanks. I was thinking on the problem of being bicephalic with a single body. Problem solved. Wink

Yes, produce dates, but not big enough, so they are not eaten.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 09:04:34 PM »

Abejaruco, you have the most interesting of flora that grow in your home land.  That tree was spectacular!!!!  I love to see these gorgeous pictures of all the lovelies that grow near you.

Could that palm be propogated by removal of one of the cone shaped pieces?  Probably not, but it looks like one could just pick it off and stick it in the ground and it would grow  Smiley Smiley  If only it were that simple eh? Have a wonderful and beautiful day on our earth.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 12:34:07 AM »

There are two palm like that in Spain (that I know). To obtein similar plants would be necesary the reciprocal pollination of both palms. Planting many thousand of pits, and perhaps would be obteined two or three like the progenitors. (Not very sure)
Would be easier to clone them. Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next