Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 25, 2014, 06:35:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waxing Gibbous -- 94% of full  (Read 679 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: October 23, 2007, 11:46:11 PM »

Almost there, the full moon risin'.  Clear skies, sunny days ahead.  Yeah.  The bees today had the most wonderful day of their summer/fall.  The temperatures were high, records set, so hot outside that I was sweating, while I was working (Yeah, hard work clears and soothes the soul), wearing my t-shirt and , my tank top underneath.  This is the late fall weather that I am used to......haven't had this around yet this year.

September has been unseasonably cold and wet and so into our October.  Today has been the first day in over a month that I can say, yes, we have our what we commonly call our "Indian Summer".  There are clear skies called for even over the next few days. yeah, yeah, yeah and that means  Smiley Smiley Smiley

For those that are experienced/have experienced drought, with no rain, this will mean nothing to you.  But us, in the most northern of the Pacific Northwest are jumping for glee.  I am happy, the BVT has occurred again today, I think that I am filled with the joy from the bees.  Cookey eh?   I am just so.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, on this gracious planet, Earth.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 07:28:03 AM »

Today it's 99%.  We haven't had a frost yet, so we can't have Indian Summer yet.  It's been warm, in the 80's last week  shocked but tonight it's supposed to cool off, they're telling people going to Fenway Park to bundle up for the second game of the World Series.  I dug and dug in the garden on Tuesday getting the garden ready for winter, soon I'll get my load of manure to spread on the new part and let it sit until spring.  The bees are still flying, thankfully I've still got flowers out there for them to sip!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:22:14 PM »

100% full moon.  Perfectly clear skies.  Today was not that warm, but clear, got up to 13 C (55F), currently it is 10C. (50F).  It will be icy tonight.  I drove my husband to the airport at 4:15 A.M. today, he is going to Dallas until Monday for some training in a venue he is pursuing, the skies were clear, no frost or ice, when I got home at 6:15 A.M, there was a shimmer of ice on our deck.  Go figure that one, guess it got colder after 4:15.

I have been putting my beds to rest for a couple of weeks now.  So many to turn under, the perennials are the last to go and I still have days of work ahead.  All the annuals up by the apiary are still in full blooming, but I see no bees working them other than the California poppy and they are loving them, gathering bright orange pollen like there was no tomorrow.  Have a wonderful and great day.  Cindi

The bees have had great days to get some exercise, hee, hee.  Still more sunshine in the forecast.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next