Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 01, 2014, 04:24:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A ridiculous small/minor car crashing up  (Read 1112 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: October 11, 2007, 10:46:15 AM »

Oh brother, our rainy and slick Lower Mainland roads got the better of a driver yesterday morning.  I was coming home in my daughter's car about 8:15, waiting to turn left into our driveway cause there was a car coming.  The guy behind me didn't see me stopped and smashed into the back of me.  I am OK, but I went into a terrible depression all day, still not feeling so great emotonally.  If the guy had hit me harder and the car coming my way was right beside me, it would have been a 3 car pile up.  I should never think of the coulda woulda thing, but yesterday was a very close call to something that could have been horrible.  My neck is  a tiny teeny little bit sore this morning, so I will go to the doctor to ensure things are ok, I hear whiplash can come about after an accident.  The rear passenger side bumper is wrecked as is the tail light part and the hood is pushed up.  I am grateful I was not hurt badly, nor the other driver. It was a young corrections guy on his way to work at the correction institute that is located at the end of our road.  He was so sorry and so worried that I was hurt, he was in a pickup truck.  He said he didn't realize I was stoppped until he had to slam on his brakes, he prob was going too fast.  I saw him coming and sure felt it when he wholloped into me.  This poor dude.  He said that when he knew he was going to hit me he tried to swerve to go into the ditch, hence just the backside hit.

I am very grateful (now this may sound strange) that he hit me instead of going into the ditch.  Neither of us were hurt badly, but if he had missed me and hit the ditch, I think he may have been hurt very badly, that would have made my day even worse than it had become.  That would have been an awful thing, because if he had been hurt in the ditch, it would have been in some ways my fault.

Anyways, I am grateful for this day, I am grateful the other man was not hurt, nor I, I am grateful that I am alive. 

I used to keep a grateful book and every day I would write something in it that I am grateful for, it was full of grateful things.  I am going to reread my grateful book, and I am going to begin my grateful book again.  There is every single day in my life, if not only one, there is many, many, many thing I am grateful for.  And one of them is to be a member of this wonderful forum, an alternate place in my life where I can express myself, and let so many others know that I am grateful of this life that I hold in the palm of my hands. 

Have a beautiful and wonderful day, embrace this space in time called life, that we are privileged to be a part of, embrace it every day.  Lovin' life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »

You are correct. You shouldn't ponder the coulda shoulda woulda stuff, except to figure out how to perhaps avoid the same thing happening again.

Right off the top of my head I can think of six incidences in my life that could have should have killed me. One was a motorcycle wreak that put me in the hospital for two and a half weeks. After nearly a month of recuperating the Doc finally released me to go back to work. So I hopped on my stepdad's motorcycle and drove it 350 miles to my jobs main terminal. I was a truck driver.

I have come to really believe that you aren't going to die until it is your time.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
organicgrl37
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 02:39:40 PM »

I must say as a licensed massage therapist, you should have a doctor or chiropractor check out your neck and back. Often whiplash pain will not rear it's ugly head until a few days after the accident. Please get checked out!

Now as being greatful...to me you seem to be a person who is very alive and intune. You take great pleasure in all things. I see you as a greatful person naturally. Life is good, enjoy it, live happy, love hard, shed some tears....ya know what I mean?
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 03:08:46 PM »

Wow, Cindi, thank goodness you're both OK!  Woulda-coulda-shouldas can really bring you down, your grateful, optimistic attitude will get you through just about anything  Smiley  Here's hoping there isn't any major anything to get through!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 03:47:27 PM »

that sucks.  take motrin.

i never worried about that stuff in the truck, but when i drive the car i think about it. 

glad you are ok.  you'll probably feel like crap in a couple of days, but a few bruises are far better than the alternative!!!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 11:29:41 PM »

Cindi, glad you are ok. Keep the good karma going. Caring for your fellow man is beneficial to all and you. Those kind of experiences are real eye openers and earth shakers that make us appreciate the fact that we are alive, and that its good to be alive.

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 09:41:06 AM »

My forum friends, thanks for the great comments.

Organicgrl37.  Very nice to see you post in our forum again, haven't seen you in quite some time, I hope all is well at your place and with your Father.  YOu have been very busy taking care of him, and that is a wonderful thing.  Please become active again, you can do it, you have valuable comments and lovely insight that makes me smile.

I am a little more sore this morning, slept in really late, so yes, Organicgrl37, I am going to go and see my doctor.  I have a wonderful chiropractor and massage therapist too, I love them both and they have brought me back from many times when I have had deep pain from silly little things that happen to my body, workin' the farm  Smiley Wink rolleyes over the years.

I am grateful as I said, neither of us sustained any serious injuries.  And I am glad he didn't go into the ditch, that would have been so bad for him. 

Life carries on, I did some cool work with the bees yesterday, and they are almost winter ready (almost sounds like a computer lingo) hee, haw!!!!!

I am grateful for my life, my family, my forum friends, and yes, especially now, this quick look into how easily our lives can turn another page, that can be a good one or a bad one.  My page was a good one, and I thank my lucky stars.  Have the most beautiful and wonderful day, best health and great life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next