Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 19, 2014, 11:06:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange calls of the rooster!!!!  (Read 1585 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: October 13, 2007, 10:05:39 AM »

So, it is almost daylight, we are in dawn.  I always spend a little time outside, observing the weather.  I hear a sound coming from way out back, past our chickenyard and must be in the neighbour's.  She raises all kinds of weird critters, these are things like llammas, angora sheep, hmmm...what else?  Can't think, but there are a couple.

I hear this new rooster sound, haven't heard it before around here.  She must have obtained a new rooster yesterday.  The best I can relate the sound to is a small child calling "gotta go pee!!!!".   Smiley rolleyes :)Go figure that one!!!!  I really have to go and see her later and ask what new thing she has. She will be heading off to the Farmer's Market today, so I will hopefully catch her before nightfall.   Have a wonderful and beautiful day in our great world, our sun shone yesterday, and today it does too!!!  Yeah!!! The rain has gone.....for the time being.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 10:17:10 AM »

It isn't a Peacock is it?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 01:34:34 PM »

It crossed my mind that perhaps it was a child that locked him/her self out and was standing at the door "I gotta go pee!"

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 04:18:31 PM »

It crossed my mind that perhaps it was a child that locked him/her self out and was standing at the door "I gotta go pee!"

That's what a parent of young children hears within 5 miles of leaving the driveway.

My guess would be a variety of Partridge or Chukar.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
organicgrl37
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 10:33:02 PM »

I was going to say a partridge or peacock is my guess.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 06:04:38 PM »

What was it Cindi? inquiring minds want to know

Jerry

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 06:56:42 PM »

My nabor had a young peacock and it sounded like a little kid crying. My wife and i even went out into the woods to look but never found anything. We never saw the bird but Mrs Reed told us it was her peacock and it had gotten out...Anyways, the coyotes got it after awhile...bummer.
yalls friend,
john

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 07:16:54 PM »

I've been kind of sick, haven't got around to talking to her yet, she can talk my face off, so I don't want to talk to her right now, gotta be in the mood, great woman, but I am rather a quiet type  Smiley Sad Smiley Smiley  I will find out soon though!!!  I also have an inquiring mind  :lol:Have a wonderful and beautiful day, greatest of our life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 01:39:32 AM »

I´m intrigued too, Cindi.
I have found in this nice page a variety of sounds. But I think that the bird I´ve selected has a "pee" shorter than yours.

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/animalbytes/t-peafowl.html

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 09:27:43 AM »

Ah ha!!!!  Abejaruco thanks for the link to the site, I have bookmarked it and will search it out later.

I finally got around to speaking to the neighbour.  You will never believe what the new rooster call is.

Silkies.  I have had them before and they are pretty, but get so darn dirty in our wet climate.  She has Silkies that have matured and are laying eggs, she is going to be incubating them.  So that is the new rooster call.  I am pleased that I found out, because it is such a weird sound.  Yeah!!!!  I guess the rooster prior to the time that I heard it wasn't mature enough to send his voice through the crisp air that carries sounds so well in the fall.  Have a wonderful day, beautiful day in our life on earth.  Cindi

I went into a folder that had some of my older pictures in it and found a picture of one of the Silkies that we had for awhile (til we got sick of the pretty white feathers, mucky).   It was certainly a beautiful bird, I had forgotton how pretty it was, when it was clean

« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 11:00:20 AM by Cindi » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next