8 days since I caught the swarm. The swarm was hived with 10 deep frames of drawn foundation and a super of foundation on top. Since that day, the Saturday before last, they have been using 1 gallon of 2:1 sugar syrup daily. I thought for surely that there was a robbing situation occurring, so I put on an entrance reducer. Nope. Still using 1 gallon a day. Narry a sign of robbing. Two days ago I opened the opening in the inner cover and covered the inner cover with wax cappings from last years honey harvest. There is pollen remanents along with the honey. I had frozen the cappings, thinking that one day they may come in useful. They did. Despite the large amounts of cappings, and an enormous pollen patty, they are still consuming 1 gallon sugar syrup each of these days. What the devil!!!!!
Is this normal? I presume it is, the bees know best, right. But holy crow!!!!!
On Friday, I looked this colony through and through and could not find the queen. So I let things bee. They show no sign of queenlessness. Probably one of the most calmest of colonies that I have experienced. They were so busy doing whatever bees do, they barely moved from their work on the comb (whatever they were doing). I would have thought after 6 days I would surely have caught a glimpse of this lovely woman that allows the girls to govern her life. I will look again tomorrow and see is she is present. If I still cannot find her, then I will have to take extreme measures and really disrupt their life
But I really need to find out really soon what this girl is up to. I am sure that she is simply elusive
Have a wonderful day, love our life we're livin'. Cindi