Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 09:28:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 1153 times)
Digger
New Bee

« on: August 12, 2007, 12:24:17 AM »

Hi All,  Have been enjoying reading everything and thought it was time to jump in.  I've kept bees on and off for 40+ years.  My grandpa got me started when I was kid and we saw a local (East Central Indiana) bee keeper getting a swarm.  I was interested and Grandpa had kept bees on the farm as a kid.  He was also a woodworker, so by the end of the day we had a bee hive ready to go and with-in a week we had bees. (My Grandma wasnot as happy as Grandpa and I were as they lived in town by that time).  Non-the-less it got me started bee keeping that I have done over all these years.  I don't think I have ever had more than a couple of hive at one time but I sure have eaten a lot of honey over the years!  I have taught school for 30 years (shop and drafting classes with some graphic desin thrown in)  Recently I reactivated the junior high shop program in our system and have been thinking about adding building bee hives and frames as a unit while working with our Ag program.  Might be interesting!

Digger 

Everything will will work, if you just let it!
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 07:00:31 AM »

Welcome Digger!
That sounds like a great idea mixing shop and agriculture.Good chance to teach the kids that food comes from somewhere before it gets to the store too!
You should add your location to the profile. Smiley
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 10:15:53 AM »

Welcome to the site!!!!!

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 10:25:54 AM »

Digger, welcome, yes.  That is great about the woodworking stuff, I think that it would be a wonderful addition to the school program, imagine the skills these youth would acquire, building bee houses!!!  YEah!!!!  BEst of our beautiful day and have a great life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
KES
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 10:29:17 AM »

Welcome Digger

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 11:12:02 AM »

equipment is expensive.  if there is a market for it in your area, it might be a way for the kids to earn a little extra for something special?  people always need things like extra bottom boards, tops, etc.    Smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Shawn
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 04:43:10 PM »

Hi Digger,

Where from in Indiana I am from the Bluffton area, up by Ft. Wayne I moved to Colorado and myson and I are now looking inot the Bee keeping.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next