Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 01, 2014, 05:00:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RAIN, Whats that????  (Read 2528 times)
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« on: September 15, 2007, 10:52:51 AM »

well the tropical storm went north of us, the front went around us, here I am crying the blues, they got 1" of rain 35 miles east of us, 15 miles west of us they got 3/4" of a inch, right here over my place we got almost 1/8 of a inch (maybe), its still dry under the tree's...... well looks like Im going to get more sugar, golden rod aint going to do nothing if it is still alive, leaves been wilted for about month now...... atlest some got some relief, we dryed up here......

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
randydrivesabus
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:48:08 AM »

that sucks ted. we got about 1 1/4" here from humberto and the cold front that came through behind. otherwise we have been very dry and the forecast is for that to continue. it went down to the high 30's here this morning.
Shawn
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 01:29:19 PM »

Sorry to hear about you not getting rain. Here is SE Coloraod we went about 7 to 8 years in a drought. Dec 06 into Jan 07 as Im sure you heard we had a blizzard and all summer we have been receiving much needed rain. Although our lakes still look like ponds we are getting better. Hope the conditions change for you.
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 06:59:43 PM »

We just started getting some rain but are still on water restrictions. It will continue through this year. We need a lot more rain than we are getting.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 01:30:42 AM »

I have lived any droughts. The worst was from 1991 to 1995.
I have not to say that I wish you all the rain you need, but i´m going to say it.
I WISH YOU ALL THE RAIN YOU NEED.
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 12:03:52 PM »

although you can't read, you can see fotos
http://24ur.com/naslovnica/novice/slovenija/20070918_3105804_g3105803.php
and the worst is only coming!
casualties:
1 life
one of the greatest WW2 monuments (partisan hospital Franja-of which you can read on the net, i'm sure)
100 cars
numerous flooded houses.
probably some worked up roads and bridges

there's a saying about droughts/floods
drought takes one loaf of bread, flood takes two
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 12:40:12 PM »

mici, is that normal, or are you having a wet year?  we had a year like that in 96. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 12:51:32 PM »

nope, the year was...well last winter was totally dry, spring and summer..humm almost normal but still waaay too dry and this last rain is also not really normal although it could be called the fall rain.... i think we're getting the rain we wished the whole year a bit too concentrated Undecided
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 03:04:53 PM »

I am intrigued. Was it raining finally? I was sending any clouds to you.

Here it is raining moderately. Smiley
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 07:18:47 PM »

finnally got a drizzle today, its still dry under the trees, got a 50% chance for more thursday and friday, wish me luck lol i need some....

Amateurs built the ark,
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 07:41:15 PM »

rain, thunder, lightening, hail.  had to break out my outback coat today!  last year this time, we were still riding in the foothills.  now there is snow down to pass level.  yukkkk.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 08:22:54 PM »

This past week that i was in atlanta they had nice cool nights with not to hot days and not a cloud in the sky. Meanwhile back home in north florida it rained everyday and sultry hot. go figure what difference 310 miles will do.

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 08:05:36 AM »

We have had rain almost everyday for two weeks. It has been nice but I think it might be throwing my bees off. They don't go flying in the rain and the rain is washing the nectar out of the flowers. They have plenty of pollen but the honey stores are not building up the way they should.

The rain should be letting up so I will check again on them in a few days.

I really don't think this is a horrible situation. More like a delay. Which means I may not be able to pull again until I get back from Tassie.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 08:47:33 AM »

all that rain might start a good flow Brendhan.... hope this little rain give me a small flow, dought it will be anymore than that..

Amateurs built the ark,
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 10:41:14 AM »

We have had little to no rain up here as well. When it rained in August it was a deluge, which doesn't help as much as a slow steady rain. Very dry here. Dust kicking up etc. We need rain as the goldenrod is drying up now as well.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 06:35:37 PM »

I wish that I could send all our rain down south.  We have had nothing but rain.  All the flowers that may have been providing lots of fall flow don't have a chance in blazes of any nectar, the flowers are mostly dead and gone.  The rain can do things that the sun cannot.  It is time to dig all the gardens under to go back to their maker.  Even the anise hyssop would surprise me if it shed a little more nectar, the flowers are not lookin' good at all.  Winter is on its wet, cool way.  Even a couple of days of sunshine couldn't bring these flowers back to life, high doubts.  Oh well, I seriously hope for some good ol' rain for the places that are so dried up, and my best wishes the same.  Awesome day in this beautiful life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2007, 09:34:49 PM »

Washington has a reputation for being rainy.  It has finally started to rain again after a 2nd long hot dry summer. 
Here in Washington we don't call it rain--It's refered to as liquid sunshine.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »

I see we have once again dodged the rain bullet  Cry  It is sooooo dry out there, the huge trees are wilting.  It rained like mad up in Lebanon last night.  I guess it's time for the nekkid garden raindance.....

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 08:09:41 AM »

Finally, it's raining!  It started at about 5:50 am.  So far we've had .49".  Hopefully we'll get an inch out of it, at least!  I see more coming on the radar.  grin

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 12:23:21 PM »

Ann, yeah!!!  I hope that you get lots and lots, enough to revive all the flora that is having a hard time of life.  Have a wonderful day, best of this great life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next