Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 01:51:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Me and my Cockatoo  (Read 1251 times)
CWBees
House Bee

« on: August 19, 2007, 08:27:32 PM »

A swarm in May is worth a bale of hay.
A swarm in June is worth a silver spoon.
A swarm in July isn't worth a fly.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 09:40:37 PM »

Neat!  Do Cockatoos talk?

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 08:22:41 PM »

Ahh a nice Suplhur Crested Cockatoo!

We have millions of them here and they make great pets. They live to well over 100 years of age in captivity believe it or not. In the wild they live in huge noisy flocks and eat farmers crops and are often shot or poisoned. They also eat cedar window sills, car windscreen wipers are also a favourite.

They have very distinct personalities and are real clowns. They interact with humans better than any other bird.

You bet they can talk. They are great mimics and can have vocabularies of hundreds of words. They also do accents and lawnmowers, whistling kettles, barking dogs, ringing telephones etc.

If you say the same things each day at the same time, like "get out of bed" or "Johnny youll be late for school" in a few weeks the bird will be saying that at the same time!

They really love you to talk to them, you can see them twisting their heads and listening to what you are saying. When they rattle of a sentence, it really sounds like a person talking.

The Cockies in Zoos etc, where there are lots of people talking to them all the time say the most amazing things!

A word of warning, they pick up swear words pretty quickly!
ChickenWing
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 11:20:42 AM »

A word of warning, they pick up swear words pretty quickly!

How do they know the difference?   huh   You must just be saying them more often!   grin
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 03:23:04 PM »

You know what they call you EVEN if you only have one cockatoo -  Kiss

Seriously though (I humbly appologise to those who got my joke above) it amazes me that many birds will live long in the 70s, 80s, over 100 years old. Imagine that life, sitting on that same stick for 95 years, eating the same freakin' bird seed and an occasional apple slice. The only relief is that hopefully when they change your papers, you'll get the funnies or the latest member of the Bush party to RESIGN, FIRED, or INDICTED.

I'm sure a hundreds year living as a bird in a cage, as long as you face the TV and they keep the noise down at night - isn't so bad. I wouldn't want it, but remember that around 2 million Americans are spending 10 or more years in State and Federal Prisons, even though us tax payers are sporting the tab, I don't mind letting murders (and worse) remain alive "at least" 40 years longer than they wish they would die - we'll always be in debt, so I hope they all live to 105 years old. Happy birthday!

if you can't have Capitol Punishment (which NJ "has" but hasn't used in 30 years) when they call it death row here, they ain't kiddin' - you die of old age waiting to be executed. The bennies are pretty good too - you get your own room and very good attention - it cost a lot to keep a Death Row Inmate Alive, much more than a General Population lifer. The other choice is siding with the Arian NAtion, Skinheads, East LA Gang-bangers, or Muslams. I'll take solitary for live, a shower a week, one hour a day in the pen-yard, keep your toilet clean and you can do most ANYTHING in there - lol.

What were we talking about..... oh yeah, cockatoos  tongue

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 02:15:08 AM »

What were we talking about..... oh yeah, cockatoos 

jail  I can understand you.

We are lucky enough reading your terrific posts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next