Well we, my son and I, went to help a guy extract honey but he was not home. That was not the bad part. We had just invested in a bee suit for my son and he was carrying it to change into. Just as he walked up the drive he was stung on the ear. I scraped the stinger out right away and retreated back to the vehicle. He put the suit on and seemed like super man. I hope this does not set him back! Funny, I did not have my suit on, ordered the wrong size, and never got touched. I have been there several times and never even thought I was going to get stung. I guess he had bad luck.