Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 02, 2014, 01:33:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WANT TO HEAR YOU SAY SOMETHING  (Read 1711 times)
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« on: August 25, 2007, 12:16:42 AM »

US MODS DELETED THIS topic FROM THIS SITE BUT THEY DIDN'T FROM THE BEESOURCE SITE, I joined in and see what yaw have to add here, good topic, read it and add your 2 pennies worth

http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212945

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 06:53:43 AM »

agitator cheesy
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 02:08:27 PM by buzzbee » Logged
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 01:07:07 PM »

i think that trade is a wonderful thing. smiley  if people don't want to buy honey from china, they should read the label and buy something else.  if they fail to read, they get  what they get. 

agitate on!!   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 02:11:25 PM »

Kathyp,
I agree with that. If we don't buy other peoples goods ,how can we expect them to buy ours.I know our country doesn't do strictly importing. How many people did we ever put out of a job by doing it here!
I know a lot of our farm goods are exported,thankfully so for the sake of the American farmer.
I know there are Toyotas,vw's and other autos built here in the US. Were these jobs exported to the US.
I know people don't like it,but we live in a global economy. Sure there are tyrants and misfits but this country has also had its share of bad people.The free market will sort it all out.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 02:44:13 PM »

also,  i think when people are trading, they are less apt to be shooting  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 03:35:18 PM »

Yeah,
Not a good idea to shoot your customers!
randydrivesabus
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 05:27:54 PM »

i agree with kathy on this one. but now i want to go over to the beesource board and post something thats gonna get the guy who's complaining about outsourcing his job very PO'd.

ok...i changed my mind about that. i posted something else there.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 05:46:31 PM »

Ted:

Here is a dream I had (you know sort of day dreaming) about a way for all of us to market our honey cooperatively.

I always thought the "Beemaster" Title a profitable marketing system. With hi search engine ranking, having an audience and even more important a source for quality honey in a global market, our membership could have a great opertunity to sell their products with a title as market savvy as any other honey product currently on the shelf.

It was a long time ago I thought of a COLLABORATIVE PROJECT encompassing the members of the forum where we could all sell our honey under a Beemaster Brand Name. Imagine hundreds of members, drop shipping their own honey under the Beemaster Honey Name, making different honeys available to people around the Globe, no matter which flavor they they were looking for. And then the inevitable Beemaster Blend, a premium mix of blended honey from the mass membership, or sample jar sets with up to 10 honeys to package in a sampler pack.

All small businesses start somewhere and we have a good sales name and a sizable membership to create a unique collection of honey that would really fill a void where local and regional honey is available to the public.

but the truth be told

I never want to go in "business" even with a great distribution plan and reliable sources for all the project - I just want to be an educational site as we are, a freindly site, and not a business even though I think we would all do really well and the scope of the project could be a vast new way of honey marketing.

BUT, to have someone come into Beekeeping Forums with the idea of SELLING and DISTRIBUTING HONEY to BEEKEEPERS is like trying to sell snowballs to Eskimos - that post went away from here because it broke the rules of the trading post - where IF you as a NON COMMERCIAL BEEKEEPER have items for trade or sale, you can post them. But the Trading Post is NOT aplace to advertise your business and sell stuff you cannot get sold through your own website.

Using our search engine rankings to improve your sales is a no-no. It exists for us backyard beekeeps to find homes for excess queens raised, equipment no longer used, a place to find stuff you can't find elsewhere and it should stay so.

I don't comment on Bee-sourse except to say it is a fine site doing a great service to beekeepers, I was a bit surprised that post remained active and that pages of replies are posted concerning it. How they operate and edit their site is none of our business, I'm just happy that our team of mods here know better than let that post remain.

So we may never see Beemaster's Customized Honey on the net for sale, but it is an interesting venture for this membership if the world were a bit different and our goals of being commercial free were ever changed - but I promise this, commercial free we will always be, that is a definite pledge I made a long time ago and one which I believe will be best for us all in the long run.

Just a thought or two Ted. I hope they deal with the issue forth-right and bury it where it belongs.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 11:44:27 PM »

There are many out there who have never tasted raw, unadulterated honey. They are fine with blended, pastuerized honey from wherever at the cheapest price they can get it. Its up to us to be honey ambassadors and educate those who don't know any better. I like Randydrivesabus pricing, take it or leave it.

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 11:50:29 PM »

I thought I had read somewhere that honey from China wasn't very safe.

Anyone read anything like this??
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 12:09:41 AM »

A friend of my Dad's is a ship engineer and about two yrs ago he asked me to go on this ship they had docked in Violet, Louisiana. He wanted me to inspect a couple of food storage rooms they had had a small problem with Indian meal moths. I noticed in the dining area new bottles of honey on every table, made in China. I didn't want to be rude when he gave me a bottle so I took it home and was also curious to see if it actually tasted like honey, so I tried it. Can't describe what it tasted like, but nothing like honey. Looked like honey, I threw it in the garbadge where it belonged.

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 10:09:52 AM »

Some people have turned down my honey b/c they can get it cheaper at Walmart etc. Nonetheless, I tell people why my honey is worth more. I tell them about hygenic bees, sugar shakes, organic miticides, no heating at all, lightly filtered honey on one year old comb. I tell them it takes 2 million flowers to make a pound of honey and 55K miles of flying as well. I usually make the sale and I'm averaging $7.50/lb. I like the competition, I think I can blow it away w/ an "artisan" approach to the right buyer. My gripe is w/ genuine labeling. I dont trust the integrity of what is claimed to be "just honey and nothing but Honey." I am uncertain of our countries ability to inspect and monitor clean food stores within our own borders, let alone China who has a short, but horrible record of business integrity. We will all suffer if a batch of foreign honey is contaninated and hurts/kills someone. A handful of spinach plants shut down an industry overnite.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 10:58:04 AM »

http://conrad.senate.gov/~conrad/releases/07/06/2007613620.html
Yes, there have been problems with Chinese honey.

Trade is a wonderful thing. The problem is when trade is one sided.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next