I just went at it as usual, cranked away as with any other frames. They do seem a bit more fragile than foundation but I had no problems. I made certain that each frame was secure in it's slot and they were fine. The advice here has been that they firm up steadily as the bees use them and this seems to have happened.
Ditto on all of the above. Personally, I'm really not interested in being a "medicator". I'm not condemning it at all, it's simply that it's not how I want to keep bees. It's been interesting and satisfying to experiment and get positive initital results. I am deeply indebted to you and Michael and the other adventurers here and elsewhere in my periphery who haven't been afraid to try new methods.