Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 20, 2014, 10:49:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well NASCAR fans, the last ten are here.  (Read 1422 times)
Anonymous
« on: September 13, 2004, 02:51:36 PM »

As a fan it doesn't make sence to me how the champion is chossen this year.
Do you relize that the champion can win and maybe never place better than 30th in a race? Now I don't see it happening but considering that there are 43 cars/drivers in a race and the now top chosen ten could have all kinds of trouble and those 30 other drivers who are not the chossen could place higher than the top so called ten.

Seems to me like I remember in the 2002 season the jerk Steward won but only at or close to the end. Marlin had led most oif the season till an injury put him out.
Nope I don't like this system at all.
 Cheesy Al
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 03:53:39 PM »

I have to agree Al... Toss the whole first half of the year out, call it PRACTICE - because it doesn't mean anything any more. I'm affraid to say the LAST TRUE CHAMP we will know is Kenseth, he earned that and won it by a serious margin.

Now, it's time for THOSE who cannot do better than the top ten to pack it up, strike NASCAR and see how little stands get packed with 10 cars on the track. Sponsors can't be happy, their cars get little to no air time now UNLESS of course they are the chosen few.

I'm making plans as I type this (well almost as I'm typing this) to setup a trip to Watkins Glen next season - the Glen isn't too long from losing its Nextel race and that will be a great loss for this sport.

I have it planned for a friend and a coworker/friend - strictly a guy trip, and what a blast THAT will be.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »

I can understand the not ending races under a caution flag and I fully understand why the change was made.
I for the life of me can't see why the race for the championship were changed. I agree fully with John as to the remaining sponcers pulling out till the beginning of next season as the eyes of TV land will be focased on the top ten who are in the champship race.
 Cheesy Al
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next