Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 25, 2014, 08:41:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new and need help  (Read 1673 times)
jimmy_in_texas
New Bee

« on: July 23, 2007, 11:50:26 PM »

Hello,

I sort of got picked by some honeybees to take care of them, I'm here because I need lots of help !!

Jimmy
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 05:14:18 AM »

hi and welcome to the site, ask away!!!!!

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
Moonshae
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 06:57:53 AM »

Welcome!

Pick up a book, such as Beekeeping for Dummies or The Backyard Beekeeper, and make sure you have the proper equipment. Also check out the beekeeping course on this website, at http://www.beemaster.com/honeybee/beehome.htm. And read away in these forums, you can learn a lot.

"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC
topbarslo
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 07:45:12 AM »

Hello,

I sort of got picked by some honeybees to take care of them, I'm here because I need lots of help !!

Jimmy

You already got some suggestions ... well first read the whole forum and find some other info on the internet ... google it Wink
And then ask questions Wink That is what I did and it kind of worked Cheesy

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 08:52:16 AM »

Books are great because you can always read and re-read them, and they give you one consisitent way to do things, whether we here think that is right or wrong.

Then, when the many many many many questions that arise that aren't covered by the book, the forums will provide answers!!  Sometimes you might need to get in your extra thick skin suit, but most people love to answer questions and love to help!

Welcome, and have fun with the bees!  Nothing quite like that first taste of pure drippy honey from the hive!!

Rick

Rick
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 07:25:47 PM »

and the great thing is that we will all give you different answers, so you have lots of choices!  smiley

i find the more i learn, the more i learn i don't know....but everyone is great about helping out.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 10:17:09 PM »

Wanting help and comradarie is how many of us got here!Enjoy your time here and remember we were all a first time beekeeper once! cheesy
Welcome aboard
jimmy_in_texas
New Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 11:06:58 PM »

Thanks everyone for the welcome, I've already got some good advice here and will post a picture on the thread I asked for help on,

things are going great with the new hive so far, I've seen quite a few things happen to the hive since I brought them home, on weekends sometimes I get up in the morning and sit close to the side of the hive and watch them coming and going, last saturday I watched a large red wasp fly right inside the hive, after about 20 seconds he got carried out by several bees and wasnt moving, I couldnt believe one bee flew off with him and dropped him some distance away. (we have some big red wasp here in Willis Texas)

Jimmy
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 01:41:11 PM »

watching is fun.  my hives are my outdoor equivalent of a fish tank.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 03:50:06 PM »

Go to Michael Bush's website and read, read, read.
http://www.bushfarms.com/bees

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next