Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 31, 2014, 08:54:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hello  (Read 819 times)
NorthShore
New Bee

« on: July 22, 2007, 09:59:30 AM »

I don't really know anything about taking care of bees I am trying to learn more about them.Myself and my girl friend are starting a nursery and have already started a small wild blueberry field.Have bees to pollenate for these crops would be good.I just don't know if it is for me and if I would have the time to do it.So I figured I would come on this forum and learn more,cause I don't know enough to know even what questions to ask.
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 10:09:05 AM »

Welcome............and you have come to the right place!! Lots of good people with tons of knowledge that do not mind sharing that knowledge.

Hope to see some pictures of Nova Scotia country side. I love Canada and have visited many parts but never the east coast. That may be my next major vacation destination.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
tennesseebeeman
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 02:44:07 PM »

hello welcome
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 04:10:54 PM »

Indeed Welcome:

We have many members (elsewhere in the world) with longer Winters than down here in the Eastern Atlantic Coast - I know you should read anything by FINMAN or FINSKY (search for those posts - he is more of a reader than a writer these days here, but he surely has a fan base.

If He can do great things with bees with a three month Summer and no Fall to speak of, you should be A-okay.

Wecome aboard, it is GREAT to have you with us. And you are right, you'll read the wisdom written here, and get to pick a side on some hot topic of the week - lol. I think you'll have fun, please look around the different forums - some others besides bee may peak your interest too Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Moonshae
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 08:43:48 PM »

Pick up a book, Beekeeping for Dummies or The Backyard Beekeeper are great books. Also, read the beekeeping course on this site (http://www.beemaster.com/honeybee/beehome.htm). All should inspire questions and help inform you about what is involved.

"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next