Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 31, 2014, 10:11:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe in a worldwide flood?  (Read 3719 times)
Repzion
New Bee

« on: July 18, 2007, 02:46:36 PM »

I'm just curious was there a worldwide flood?  As the Bible says?     

This is what I've some up with, and so far I believe there was a flood.   ( If you don't agree with me its fine  Wink)

Was there a worldwide Flood?

The food accounts:  There is plenty of evidence that the flood happened just like the Bible says.  In fact, more than 200 ancient and present civilizations have reported different cultural accounts of a worldwide flood.  Before I show you some of these accounts, let’s review what the Bible says about the Flood.   

And the rain came tumbling down.

Long ago, the world became so evil God decided to destroy it with a worldwide flood. He gave a man named Noah special instructions to build an ark to save himself and his family. It took Noah 120 years to build the ark.  When the job was completed, Noah and his family went inside the ark and took male and female of every living creature (Genesis 7:1-5).  Then God shut them in the ark (7:16) and caused rain from the sky and water from underground to flood the whole planet. Everyone and everything died except Noah and his family and the animals in the ark (Genesis 7:11,21-23).   More than one year after the Flood began, the earth was dry and Noah, his family and the animals were able to leave the ark.     

What Evidence?  Although the flood account is believable, no one can prove it happened because technology hasn’t made time travel possible. But, you know, we don’t need to see the Flood with our own eyes to believe it happened. We have plenty of historical and geological evidence.

Evidence among Different cultures.   
Various versions of the Flood account exist among many cultures some of the most detailed being Sumerian and Babylonian.  The oldest flood account, dating before 2,000 B.C., has been found in Sumerian tablets near the Euphrates River.  Another amazing flood account, found in the 11th book of the Gilgamesh Epic among Babylonian cuneiform writings, provides one of the strongest evidences, apart from the bible, for the Flood.    Here are other amazing accounts.     

1.   China: Fah-he escaped a great flood with his wife as well as his three songs and three daughters.
2.   New Guinea: The Lizard man sent a great flood that killed everyone except two brothers, who escaped on a raft.
3.   American Athapaskan Indians:  Nagaitche survived a flood by riding on a mythological figure called Earth.
4.   Peru: A great flood destroyed all humans except six, who escaped on a raft.
5.   Alaska: A man, his family, and talking animals survived a flood on a raft. After the flood, the animals, who complained about the long trip on the raft, lost their ability to speak.   

Evidence from geology.   

Naturally, the only true flood account is recorded in the Bible. Yet, legends among different cultures worldwide provide convincing evidence that there was some kids of accident flood. But legends passed down from generation to generation aren’t as convincing as evidence we can see.

1.   Bone Beds
 Geologist have discovered large ossiferous fissures ( cracks in the earth caused by earthquakes or other violent changes to the earth’s surface)   in England, France, Russia, southern Spain and Germany.  Inside these fissures, geologists have found bones of elephants, rhinoceroses, reindeer, pigs, horses, hippopotamuses and oxen.  These “bone beds” do not contain skeletons, but bones thrown together. Geologists have discovered one bone bed in Nebraska that they believe contains about 9,000 animals. 
What could have cause animals to be ripped apart, thrown together, and buried? One logical explanation is the violent changes in the earth’s surface caused by the Flood.

2.   Inland Bodies of Water
 According to research, large inland seas once existed on every continent of the world. But since the Flood, some of these bodies of water have completely dried up, becoming what geologists call “ fossil lakes.” The great Gobi Desert in China, for example, was once a sea about as large as the Mediterranean.  A lake that geologists call Lake Algonquin once filled the region of the Great Lakes, 26 feet higher than the lakes there today.  Lake Bonneville, the size of Lake Michigan, once filled the valley of Salt Lake in Utah.  What caused these great inland seas and lakes? Naturally, these inland seas and lakes may have existed for other reasons. But the Flood is a logical explanation.   

3.   Coal Beds and Oil Fields
Some people believe the large supply of our planet’s coal and oil is the result of billons of years of natural development within the earth. Those who don’t believe the earth is that old take another position. The flood could have buried large amounts of animal and vegetable life, providing our planet’s rich supply of coal and oil.   

4.   Mammoth Bodies Found in Siberia
Mammoths are extinct members of the elephant family that lived in North America, Europe and Asia. Geologists have discovered 2,000 miles of Siberian countryside filled with literally thousands of mammoth skeletons and carcasses. Some mammoths were found standing upright as they would have walked on the earth. Geologists believe that up to five million mammoths were suddenly frozen alive by unusual changes in the earth’s climate.   What killed so many mammoths so quickly? The best explanation is worldwide flood followed by devastating changes in the earth’s climate. Northern areas of the world, once able to sustain life, became arctic, freezing countless mammoths in time.     

Well that’s my 2.0

" Anyone can count the seeds in a apple; but only God can count the apples in a seed"
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 03:23:32 PM »

no i don't believe.
even if it happened only 200 years ago people could not determine wether it was a worldwide or just local.

i do believe however, a large portion of that days civilization got flooded.

don't forget, Romans, Greeks and many other civilizations ruled the world cool

if it happened, there would be no fresh water and salt water fish, only salmon would be left. many animals would be extinct, so...the list probably just goes on and on----
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 04:42:34 PM »

I think many of those ancient stories have a kernel of truth to them, but getting to that truth is impossible.  There probably was a huge flood somewhere that was noted for its destruction, and the world being every so smaller population wise it made quite an impression. 

But believe stories in the bible as factual, accurate reports?  Uh-uh.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 07:01:28 PM »

there are enough stories from different cultures, and enough geological-archaeological evidence to support a flood that must have impacted most of the known world.

as time goes by and more research is done, the bible appears to be a fairly accurate historical accounting of many events. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called the government. They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 08:25:01 PM »

I think I saw something about this on history-discovery channel once, but I agree with kathy.  To many refrences to not belive it happened.

Moonshae
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 08:30:28 PM »

Every location has probably had a major flood at some time. I have yet to see any evidence demonstrating that they all happened at the same time. IMHO, the flood story in the Bible is a myth to explain the existence of rainbows.

"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 10:04:41 AM »

Scientists believe that Mars, which is more arid than our driest deserts, once was subjected to massive floods and that perhaps as much as 40% of the planet was once covered with water.
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/mars_floods_020621.html

Meanwhile, 75% of the planet we live on is currently "flooded" and underwater, so it's not much of a stretch to believe it was entirely covered at some point in the past.
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 10:09:52 AM »

that some point in the past would be billions of years ago, and even then, it wasn't water that covered the surface.

like many have said it, there was a flood that covered most of that time known world. i've watched this show and this particular "world" would be somewhere around black see.
the whle world underwater is simply impossible.at least with the outcome we see today.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »

don't know mici.  listen to the global warming folks.  if we don't start paying attention to them, we are all going to be under water!!!!

as i recall, the evidence of the great flood....from different cultures and findings....dates back to about the time that the bible would have been talking about.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called the government. They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 11:24:45 AM »

don't know mici.  listen to the global warming folks.  if we don't start paying attention to them, we are all going to be under water!!!!

yeah and if you do start listening to them, your life style will make a 180° turn to the worse and the changes are still going to happen.
also..if you read a 5 year old newspaper, you'll find out half the world should already be underwater.
there simply isn't enough water around to make that big of a mess, it's physicaly impossible
BooPBoo
New Bee

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 11:32:13 AM »

Well hello to all. Smiley
Just for record i dont bellieve in any other god than myself Smiley.
But still... I started to read Old testament just to see what it's talking about and came to conclusion....

I think that almost all writings in the Old testament are more or less happend and are to the some points true. There is only one problem that Old testamen should just told us what was happening in the past it's just more cronoligical, it's somehow like a diary. But the Church used this to get what they wanted, the power. Perhaps some things are totaly wrong interpretated or translated, a lot of things was lost or deliberately thrown out because they didnt "fit" with the story they want to tell.
I think we should think a lot about what this book have to say and even more we should ask what we had lost trough the history. We can understand now(not from the bible and the stories but facts) that something happend to human  race few thousands years ago, we almost got extinct.
I would say if you go and think about what is known today about human history, that book is good start only to think a bit more that we were probably more advanced than we found out to this time.

Who would know perhaps we arent even from this planet Smiley Smiley Smiley?
One other thing is interesting to me.....

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
  2 That the asons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they btook them cwives of all which they chose.
  3 And the LORD said, My aspirit shall not always bstrive with man, for that he also is cflesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
  4 There were agiants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Funny thing to ask but those Gods sons can be a lot of things, one can sure be Smiley that they werent humans. Smiley

A lot of funny things to think from someone who doesnt believe in what they preach and their God right:)?.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 01:10:04 PM »

http://www.answersincreation.org/flood.htm

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 02:33:33 PM »

Repzion:

Welcome to the Forums and Especially the Coffee House and Dark-side Forums Smiley

Your post was extremely well done and brings a lot of replying to:

I doubt anyone can deny the fact our planet was a bubbling mass of ooze in the beginning - although theologically thinking EARTH was made in a blink, along with all that there is SAYITH THE LORD in your Friendly Neighborhood Christian Bible. Both sound relatively SIMILAR in a strange way.

Science says that (LIKELY) all that there is NOW came from something smaller than NOTHING - and ALTHOUGH the beginning years must have be chaotic to those sitting home in some OTHER UNIVERSE sitting back and watching on a hi-def PAYPERVIEW EVENT - how dare we think we are either the The Smartest Cookies in the Universe, or accept that when GOD CREATED ALL THAT THERE IS "INCLUDED LIVE ELSEWHERE IN THE UNIVRSE" And maybe it HIS intention to keep us SOOOOOOO far away from each other, we'd have to be far superior to anything we can even hope for.

Imagine in a spaceship from another planet, they can pull a FULL STOP after being chased at 1500MPH - That would be thousands, if not millions of G FORCE and we'd be turned to JELLY - I tend to think that IF was are currently VISITED, then they live in the deepest parts of the oceans, only rarely seen by ships - but they are named USOs (Unidentified Submerged Object) and if they are deep into the ocean, I'm assuming they are part of our planet and MAY HAVE BEEN for a very long time.

Again, why do we think we are the best and only "top of the food chain" people. I've said before, toss either of us in a cage with a lion, we find out short we are PREY and shortly going to be DEAD and we can't do a thing about be it's next meal excet INTERVEEN with technoloy - on our own, we are truly primative without technology.
Some people now believe that EARTH was a planet FILLED WITH CREATURES "Except MAN" and we were introduced to this planet through PANIC STRICKEN MARS ALERTS about DOOMS DAY from GREEN HOUSE EFFECTS, or GLOBAL WARMING. You see, I believe that ALL THINGS CYCLE, from our heartbeat, to groves in a road, to the change of Seasons, and especially any version of the RADIO SPECTRUM.

The old Soviet Union transmitted a propaganda message at 60 Hertz Signal (this is the Frequency of you home HOUSE CURRENT) they we trying to use EVERY ELECTRICALLY WIRED HOME IN THE US - the reasoning?. to directly send LOCALIZED RADIOWAVES (sent to you by your friendly Electric company) your home will be a LOW WAVE RADIO TRANSMITTER - we do not HEAR frequencies anywhere near 60htz - that is a very low-band radio frequency, far below in tone from what our ear needs to vibrate.

Many "In the middle people" mostly faith believing Christians who are smart enough to say, God created all this, from richness to poorness, for sicker and in health - I think BOTH the wonders and tragedies we see in live, man STILL can always choose long term piece or endless war with each other. Notice GOD doesn't involve himself in MAN'S PATH, that is what FREE WILL is for - humans have the ability to DECIDE, and making choices BOTH GOOD AND BAD are what CREATS the people we are. Toss in a bunch of good ENVIRONMENT and a descent set of MORALS - I can't expect God to deal with MAN DECISIONS - it is the way he CHOSE IT TO BE.

But about the FLOOD  rolleyes I always think of THE BIBLE a ONE of MAN'S MANY OWNER'S MANUALS. There are so many beliefs that it truly astounds me that some people understand ALL THE WORLDS CONFLICTS and the ramifications especially today - ugh. I'm just seeing the army of tomorrow being a DRAFT ARMED FORCES - I pity that to ever happen, recruit numbers are horrifically low compared to great years. All things man does is on FREE CHOICE - there is ALWAYS at least two Choices and it is your own beliefs that flip the good thing or bad thing buttons.

Free Choice is believed to be first felt in 5th graders (10 year olds) had AWARENESS that THEY we individual Humans. The thrill of it wears off (at least us Americans - who have it great, compared to MOST of the World) so through your teens, you sort do things of interest, party or do crazy things, and then one sad day you find out your good friend died in a horrific car accident caused by him and not being sober at the time. Here you are 16, your friend who's a year or two older has NOT lived through the loss of a friend to unnecessary fatalities - you all of a sudden finding out that HUMANS are made out of FLESH AND BONES and of course CONCIOUSNESS.

I think of many parts of the Bible written in PARABLE - they are true stories showing the consequences of MANKIND over and over - I honestly wish those beings who seeded Humans from a dying Mars - would have eventually let us in on the plan. Are we a Species NOT OF THIS EARTH, did OUR "PLANTING" HERE on EARTH spark the original stories of Genesis?

I fully agree that there was a FLOOD that covered the Planet, but I think it happened LONG BEFORE walking creatures inhabited Earth. If we are indeed the Ancestors of Martians and not those of Apes, I'd feel a bit better - lol.

So yes on the flood, I'm assuming all I've read in Genesis and I put a lay-man's spin on trying to decipher EXACTLY what the writer was trying to communicate. Give the ages of the oldest surviving cultures, man has been around 200,000 years, but hadn't moved or explored much (basically breaking away from the home village) now Recently due to continuing DIGS in the VALLEY OF THE KINGS, some the great graves and monuments in Egypt are likely as old as 15,000 years old now that isn't saying that they have have been torn down in wars and at least patched back up. But the key to the LAST ICE AGE is the real interesting part. If the Pyramids were around 13,000 or more years, it would fully PROVE an ice age. Some scientists think the salt water markings and abrasions to the lime stone structures. If the ICE AGE happen BEFORE the pyramids, then some flood occurred and went to the height of about 12ft at the 3 pyramids. The water it is assumed would have been there nearly 4 years to do the corrosion that occurred on the edges, corners, steps and pillars ALL HAD water SANDING - and considering the sanding away that was done, the water must have had some serious flow around the pyramids.

I swear that someday we'll understand it all - hopefully by God's intervention and not total destruction from a planet filled with war. I'll fill you in on the massive production in Lancaster, PA called NOAH the MUSCIAL - I'll tell you about it in Ventrilo - it was educational and mind blowing, including a 180 degree, 3 story high stage filled with live and animated animals everywhere - you felt as if you were in the ARK itself. Man was it great!

I thought I'd reply here - I'm really glad you chose to join the forum, I know you will enjoy the forums mentioned, as well as any other you feel like posting in Smiley

My last thought, Imagine God gave Literally Viles with the sprems and eggs of every creature - imagine implanting four baby sheeps inside a cow uteris - interesting. Creature types and labelling systems add hundreds of new plant or living creature. We have found EVERYTHING yet, there are creatures in the Oeans (way down there by the UFOs) that we may NEVER find. God will always give you what you need if you believe - notice I said NEED not WANT - WANTS are part of that the FREE CHOICE part of the body - by the way, IT IS THE FLESH that always argues with the CONCIOUS BEING - you are always fighting INNER DEMONS when stray or bad thoughts fester in your mind. I often think the ONLY thing from a person PURE EVIL AT HEART - a souless person, and a person of bountiful giving and blessing - is there use of FREE CHOICE.

I guess what it turns out to be is IN YOUR HEART and more so CERTAIN in your mind there IS A GOD (and freely to choose which religion you choose. But when your mind BELIEVES without a doubt that a book you follow is the RIGHT CHOICE FOR YOU - then as long as it is a faith of good intention, no bombing and destroying - always enlish positive energy into your life: do stupid little things that MAKE someone's day, and they never have to be much - asking a coworker for lunch to a buffet that only costs $8 could net you a friend for life, AND expand you people pool - nothing wrong with a cellphone book with a bunch of numbers, that should mean you have lots of family and friends Smiley

Don't forget to spend about 30 minutes reading my www.obe.html page - you may find so interesting theory there Smiley Great to have you here again.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Repzion
New Bee

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 03:31:58 PM »

Few other things to throw out.     

All the major fossils-bearing rock formations, the miles of thick strata like we ee exposed in the Grand Canyon, and many of the mountains we see today, would supposedly have been produced  by an awesome catastrophe summed up in less than a dozen words of Genesis 1 verse 2.  The Flood of course.

If we take that approach, we really create a problem in understanding the destructive influence of the Genesis Flood of Noah's time.  Here are a couple of things

1.  Was the Flood of Genesis 6,7 and 8 merely a local flood, relatively insignificant in terms of geologic formations?

2. Was it a worldwide flood affecting only surface features? H.H. Howorth's The Mammoth and the Flood documents in detail portions of th earth that have surface fosil deposits produced by a short term event of rapidly moving water. This would seem to be logical evidence for a post-(Noah)- flood castastrope that includes significant volcanic and earthquake evidences. 

3. Must it have been a worldwide flood responsible for all the major sedimentary deposits and fossils?  Although a popular concept, it does not recognize evidence from a post-flood event. 

4. Could it have been a worldwide flood responsible for most of the major sedimentary deposits but was followed by post-flood events.?     

If the Flood of Noah was not local flood or shorterm event producing only surface depostis, it must have been an earth-shattering, yaerlong catastrophe  that totally rearranged he structure of the Earth's crust.   And how did fossil shells get found on the top of Mt. Everest?

" Anyone can count the seeds in a apple; but only God can count the apples in a seed"
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 03:47:12 PM »

The top of Mt. Everest use to be the bottom of the ocean. It was pushed up, and is still being pushed up, by the collision of two land masses.

http://www.extremescience.com/HighestElevation.htm

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Repzion
New Bee

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 04:06:39 PM »

I know its amazing, probably the next 40 years it'll be in space  Wink

abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 02:34:11 PM »

All the cultures have had Myths before a Logic explanation. Many of them are common among the cultures.

The meaning of myth is very clear.
http://inst.santafe.cc.fl.us/~jbieber/HS/def-myth.htm

Myths are not wrong. Are not perfect from a logic p.o.v., but the logic change and the Bible is "for ever".

When I took the oath of office, my job, I had to choose between the Bible or the Spanish constitution. I said "Can I choose the Quixote"?
 -No.
-Well, them I choose the Bible.  grin
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 06:26:47 PM »

here we take an oath, usually with our hand on the bible, to protect and defend the constitution.   most seem not to have read either.  Ellison, our first muslim congressman, took his private oath with his hand on the koran.  he's probably (unfortunately for us) the only one who really knows what he swore on.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Doorman
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007, 02:01:32 PM »

Without getting into the religious aspects, the existence and similarity of flood myths in so many different cultures separated by so much distance, I believe these myths exist in native cultures on all naturally inhabited continents and many islands. I tend to come to 2 possible conclusions.
1. These cultures were all in the same place at the same time at some point in history.
or
2. Some sort of global flood did occur.

As yet I have seen no evidence to prove or disprove either theory.

Some call me a bee farmer, I prefer rancher. What
with millions of tiny livestock foraging the open range, spring and fall round ups. Boy howdy branding their little butts sure is tedious.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 05:24:58 PM »

Down in the Big Bend area where I have 20 acres of desert get away land, there are massive amounts of lime stone all over the place. It is real easy to pick up a bunch with fossil shells in it. This is over 3,000 feet above sea level
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 01:15:06 AM by Jerrymac » Logged

Jerry

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next