Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 22, 2014, 08:45:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Jet Setter on the move again.  (Read 4861 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: July 14, 2007, 12:27:40 AM »

Hi All,

With my hectic schedule I am way behind on a bunch of things. One of which is my news articles. My apologies. It has been unbelievably hectic. However despite everything this project has thrown at me I have managed to have everything come together. My next leg of the journey is Kansas City, MO. I am going to take a quick trip to Lawrence Kansas on Saturday. My wife is going to join me at the Kansas City airport. She gets in about two hours after I do. I only have to be at O Hare at 5 am. I hate the dead eye. However it will have been almost two weeks since I have seen my wife and in the past two months I will have only seen her for about 22 hours. She is going to stay with me until Monday.

After Kansas City I go to San Fran. I will finally get home near the end of July.

On a side note I had the bee inspector come by. He raked me over the coals on the conditions of two my hives (rightfully so). He also didn't like my using old comb (boo hoo for him). But in spite of everything he passed me. Since I had no diseases. I had a few small hive beetles and a few varroa which he said I needed to treat for. But I know that there weren't that many so I am not to worried.

One of things I have learned about Chicago is it has two season winter and construction.
The weather in Chicago for the past couple of days has been great. To bad it doesn't last.

Have fun

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 04:50:51 PM »

Cureently in Kansas City airport on my way to San Francisco. I had a little break in Kansas and went to Lawerence with my wife. It was great to see her.

Spent the rest of my time in Westport and Kansas City, MO.

Another week to go.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 06:25:16 PM »

What are you doing, may I ask?Huh??

Annette
tillie
Super Bee

Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 08:56:12 PM »

Didn't you love Lawrence?  One of my daughters went to KU and I loved going to see her - there's a great yarn store there for all of us knitters (know that doesn't fit you, Brendhan), but Lawrence has great hang-out places and I really like Kansas City as well....

I'm sure you are tired of traveling - hooray for being close to the end.

Linda T in Atlanta

http://beekeeperlinda.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You never can tell with bees" - Winnie the Pooh

Click for Atlanta, Georgia Forecast" border="0" height="60" width="468
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 10:22:56 PM »

Brendhan, ya, what do you do that keeps you travelling so much.  When you are done with the travel, then what?  Taking a vacation?   Smiley  YOu will need one for surely.  Have a wonderful day, and welcome you home.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 10:48:17 AM »

In short form I am an electrician. Much like those that wire homes and businesses. However I only do commerical or industrial work now. I have a speciality in low voltage systems also. I do voice and computer systems. The wiring, the designing, the install. I also do control systems for assembly plants and manufacturing faclitites. I have been an electrician since I was 16.

Somewhere along the line I was deemed pretty good. So the companies send me to far away places to insure a job gets done. I have 100% success rate.  However I also get to call a lot of the shots. Working with me can be a real test in fortitude because I am a pain in the butt to work with. That is why I do most of the jobs alone. I think the bosses want to keep me away from others. Wink

I have one very fortunate aspect going for me. I love my job. I actually like to travel. I can do without being stuck in Chicago in Janurary because I don't do well with cold weather. Also I am not the best to deal with when the airlines screw up and lose my luggage or when they cause me delay's with flight issues. I suspect however no one likes having any of that happen to them either.

My job is very rewarding in that I help maintain communcation means all over the place. I think that is very cool. It doesn't make me rich by any means most people are shocked by how little I am actully making but I certainly don't do it just for the money.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Currently in San francisco with no luggage.

KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 11:12:15 AM »

Get home already! Geez. I'm tired just reading about your travels. Always carry extra on your carry-on for just this event. If anyone is near Understudy- give him a home cooked meal and a beer on me!. Again, get home soon and stop this craziness.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 11:42:08 PM »

Get home already! Geez. I'm tired just reading about your travels. Always carry extra on your carry-on for just this event. If anyone is near Understudy- give him a home cooked meal and a beer on me!. Again, get home soon and stop this craziness.

Thanks, I appreciate that a great deal. Every now and then I get to spoil myself a little. Unlike what most people think when you are on the road like this about the only thing you get to see is the hotel and job. So in order to spoil myself a little I grabbed a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Pacfica (Rockaway Beach). The view from the lobby is breath taking. Then I get to have my breath taken away by all the cars on the 101 expressway.

I managed to get my luggage from the airlines today. So all hope is not lost. I am going to grab some food and resume the paperwork.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 09:17:58 AM »

Brendhan, interesting your career.  You are lucky that you don't mind travelling and love your job, yeah!!!  Likewise, get home soon, have a great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 04:37:39 PM »

Well what can I say.
I am home............for a few hours.
Then back on the road.

The work trip went well. I love San Francisco and the surrounding area. I am way behind on photos and other things. I will post them. I came home and had a bunch of stuff to take care of.  One of them was to take care of extractions. Well the honey extractor cracked. I need to get a new one. I need to also order more permacomb. I had one hive abscond on me. Everyone else is doing well.

I have a bunch of items on the honey-do list that I am working on. Including some long over due spring cleaning. Don't ask how much stuff I threw out.

In my travels I got to meet a Beekeeper at the San Francisco farmer's market. They have hives in La Honda. They aren't on the forums, yet. I picked up some sage honey from them.

Now I go back on the road in a few hours but I am still alive. Still working my bees and still on occasion banging my head against the wall.

I am in New York on the 16-19 in Greenwich Village. I have dallas coming up in a few months and Tasmania is still a go in October/ November.

I have a few choice words about the TSA, but I don't want to end up on the no fly list. So I will keep my mouth shut. Free Speech doesn't exist.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »

Brendhan, you are a busy man.  I hope that there comes a time during the year that the business slows down and you can get some R&R.  Good luck on the road, you're bees will hopefully do well too.  Too bad about the extractor though.  Have safe travelling, best of this day.  Cindi

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 11:06:55 PM »

Well the road trip continues.

I got home for a few days and managed to get quite a few things done. The problem now is that my wife will now raise her level of expectation as to what I am suppose to accomplish when I am home. It's hard to pull off the lazy couch potato when your wife knows better.

I thought I would be home for a bit longer. However the reward for good work is more work. I ended up having to fly to Atlanta today and in the morning I am driving to Charlotte, NC. . I may be there for a few days. Then I have a change order (more work) for Myrtle Beach. After that I have a trip to New York and Newark but both will be fast fly in fly out issues. I will however bring my wife up to New York as she has never been there. Neither have I except for the airports.

This weekend I am suppose to pick up some bee supplies and do a cut out or two. That will be my break between Charlotte and Myrtle. The wife has a list of things that she wants done also. Hmmm, I think I feel a allergy coming on. An allergy to honey do lists.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 12:21:22 AM »

Brendhan.  All I can say is eeeee gads.  Love your life you're livin'.  Cindi

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 10:18:06 PM »

Well the life of the jet setter continues.
I am currently in Charlotte, NC. Tomorrow I drive to Mount Pleasant then to Myrtle Beach. I still haven't booked my ticket home. Next week I am in New York on the 16th of August. I fly back on the 19th.

pdmattox I haven't forgotten you. I just haven't gotten home yet.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

PS. My wifi connection here is pretty sucky.

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 09:31:42 AM »

Brendhan, personally I think you're nuts!!!!  Have a great trip, hope you get home to your wife soon.  Beautiful day, Cindi

pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 05:29:57 PM »

No problem,I was busy and forgot to send you the pm with the info. The deal fell through anyway so no worries. Just wondering about the oz trip, are you going to go here---->http://www.apimondia2007melbourne.com/

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2007, 11:00:24 AM »

The trip to .au is to Taz. I change planes in Melbourne.

According to Mick, Taz is like W. Virginia and I should meet a lot of people with two heads because of the shallow gene pool and family trees with no branches.

Current travel plans are as follows.
Today home.

8/16-8/19 New York
8/21-8/25 North and South Carolina
10/26-11/9 Taz
There may be a trip to Los Angeles but right now it is on the same dates as my trip to Taz so we are working out details. There is also a trip to Dallas but that won't happen now untill after Taz.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2007, 11:23:52 AM »

Brendhan.  Travellin' Man.  Do you travel so hard for a good part of the year and then take a few months off?  I don't remember you speaking about travelling so much earlier on in the springtime and over winter?  (I know that you don't have winter where you live, but I define it as October through March (LOLL).  Have a wonderful trip, Travellin' Man.  Great day and life. Cindi

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 12:17:14 PM »

Well I find myself at home for a few days. Buried in paperwork unable to play catch up on the things with the house.

I just got back from NY. I am a convert I think NY is awesome. I heard put best this way. The city never sleeps but it never takes a bath either.

Actually it wasn't that bad. I stayed in Manhattan on 5th Ave in Greenwich Village. I walked all over the place. Went to central park, Madison Ave, 42st, Broadway, Times Square, Ground Zero , and the Statue of Liberty. I also went to Newark, NJ. . Now that is a place that some needs to dump a bucket of bleach. The grime in Newark was bad.

I meet a rooftop beekeeper in Union Park at the farmers market on Saturday. He was a very neat guy named David. I also met another beekeeper at the market they had over at Rockafeller Center. He had a four frame observation hive with him that was very nice.

I went and saw Spamalot and had great time.

I did a cutout on Wednesday before I left. It was a disaster. The hive has high up in a tree. I rented a boom lift to get to it. The bees were horrible mean and nasty. Once I got the comb in the box the hive entrance blocker came loose. Most of the bees flew out as I drove home.

I am waiting for information on when I hit the road again should be in a few days. I still have open items in the carolinas.

My wife is becoming a home body. We will do five trips together this year. The only one we had originally planned was our trip to .au. Which happens in October. I looked at her and said when you were younger didn't you want to travel all over the place. She looked at me and said in the 12 years we have been together I have over 25 states and 2 countries and a map on the wall with pins in it to prove it. How about we stay home for a week? Isn't she a demanding little thing.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 07:39:08 PM »

Brendhan,
Did you happen to steer your newfound beekeepers in NYC to beemaster forums? cheesy
Glad you had the chance to see so much!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next