Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 31, 2014, 07:52:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: School's back for fall!!!! (and winter and spring too)  (Read 1634 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: September 04, 2007, 09:24:17 AM »

Oh brother.  First day of school for all the kids and it is raining.  Go figure.  The beautiful dawg days of summer are gone and the kids are back to school.  It has been a fabulous summer of fun, fun, fun, in the sun (and the cloudy, cooler days).  Lots of picnics by the pool, picnics to the creeks and cray fish catching.  We will still have lots of warm, sunny days to come, until the middle of October.  Do all the kids in the U.S. go back to school after this long weekend in September too?  I would be curious about this.  Have a wonderful day, beautiful best of this life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 11:03:56 AM »

Yes, the little ankle biter demonspawn rugrats have returned to school. Many started before the labor day weekend here in Florida. The weather is still in the 80's and 90's, so all this talk of fall and coming winter is fascinating to me.

Is there a snooze button for my wife's biological alarm clock?

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 01:53:04 PM »

cindi, my grandkids in California went back to school on the 23rd of August.  the kids in Oregon go back today.  depends on the state and area.

understudy, do not hit the snooze button.  it is easier to raise kids when you are young.  in my opinion, it is better for the kids also.  then....they grow up and leave and you can enjoy your middle age and your money!  kids do require your attention.  it might be a hard adjustment for you to try to be home a bit more  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
randydrivesabus
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 03:59:51 PM »

school started here back on the 16th of august.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 05:32:01 PM »

then....they grow up and leave and you can enjoy your middle age and your money! 

I had the first child when I was 22 or 23. Now I am 53 and still have a 14 year old at home, My daughter and her other half and two grand kids are here also. They never go away.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
randydrivesabus
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 07:51:05 PM »

my wife and i are enjoying our empty nest although we still have one in college who we support. but he's awayat college  Smiley

the other 2 are out on their own  grin
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 06:51:47 AM »

school started here back on the 16th of august.
Wow, that's early!  Some towns around here went back the last Wednesday in August, others started this past Wednesday and yesterday (Thursday). 

As for having your kids when you're younger, I agree wholeheartedly.  I was 24 when my first son was born, 28 when the second one was, and now I'm pretty much kid free - the youngest is still home, but he's not a kid anymore!  You're right, Jerry, they never really go away  rolleyes cheesy

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 01:13:05 AM »

My Sister (husband and 6 children all live on our property), we share this land.  Also on this land is my Daughter (husband and two children).  And as well, four foster boys.  Lots of kids going to different schools.  They all began on September 4.  When my Sister and her family were living in Utah, prior to the land share; they began school on August 18 or so, getting out of school at the very  beginning of June, so foreign to me, but it seems that is the way in the U.S.  Is it heat related?  Gotta wonder on that one.  This is the second week of school, routines are beginning to be set.  I still have a hard time not getting up at my usual 4:30, I was rather late most of the summer, awaking anywhere from 5:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M. (shame on me).  I am an early riser, but the daylight hours are so deeply extended into the noctural hours, that I found it so hard to get to bed before at least 11:00 P.M.  Wintertime, bedtime, 9:30, sleep time 10:00, that allows for the relaxation of evening shutdown, I always need time to relax a little, watch a little TV and the off to the land of dreams, and this is a good thing.  Have a wonderful day, best of our beautiful life, and my wishes of good health to all my friends on this forum.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 05:29:01 AM »

Sometimes there is talk of making school a year round thing.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 07:33:46 PM »

my kids started school august 7th, they get a extra week off the first of April because of the Masters golf tourney

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
randydrivesabus
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 10:29:28 AM »

we start here early because there are 15 snow days built into the school calendar...its been a few years since we used them all. it doesn't take much frozen precip to close the schools since the roads are winding and hilly and narrow. i am a school bus driver and it is not easy to control a bus on slippery roads. school gets out at the end of may or the 1st or 2nd of june depending on how many snow days were used.
qa33010
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 12:49:22 AM »

We started on Aug 21st and have had one day off for staff developement and Labor Day.  Never thought I'ld say this but I miss the buggers when schools in.  I'm torn about the kids when you're young.  I would love to be spoiling grandkids and pass them back to mom and dad right now, I'm 49, but the little darlings keep us hopping and feeling young at heart and scared to death.  Our oldest is almost 20 and just got married not too long ago the others are 13, 12 and 10.  The young part would be better since I'm pretty beat up and can't do near as much with the younger ones as we did with the oldest. 

Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 01:17:11 AM »

Hmmm.  When I read these beautiful posts about our children, so many thoughts come to mind, of so many years ago.

When my oldest gal began school (she is coming up 37 this November, Scorpio, sexy scorpio, and that is so true), I kept getting letters and reprimands from the school. I had such a hard time to let her go from my apron strings.  I did not want her to go to school, and only sent her sometimes.  By the time that her first school year was in the final trimester, I was able to let that go, and she attended school very regularly.

She went through school, breezed through it, aced in every subject, graduated in the Honour Roll.  I take my hat off to that girl whose Mother just never wanted to let her go.  Have a wonderful day, enjoy this life we're livin', Cindi

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next