Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 22, 2014, 02:55:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To wed or not  (Read 6133 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2007, 12:34:38 AM »

rather than change marriage, maybe we could change alimony laws?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2007, 05:09:29 AM »

THIS IS A QUOTE FROM A SMART MAN,  I always thought he was a idiot until he said this below

"Marriage is a Institution and you have to be Committed, Sounds like a nut house to me"....

I have been married for almost 20 years (8/14) and counting to my first and only wife , if we was to ever split I am going to live by the quote above!!!!!

oh and the man that said this was Gene Simmons  grin Wink

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2007, 10:33:09 AM »

28 for me on 8/16.  smiley

i have developed a new respect for gene simmons.  who'd a thunk it?  grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2007, 11:29:39 AM »

rather than change marriage, maybe we could change alimony laws?

Some how I thought you would say that (ESP Wink )

But as wrong as that law is. (It was probably right back when the man had the job and the wife stayed bare foot and pregnant and the guy ran off)
Unjust
Unfair
Since it hasn't been changed I bet it never will be. At least not for a long time. 

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2007, 05:28:17 PM »

Very interesting debate.
In Spain, gay marriage is legal, or women-women. And they can adopt.
35 years ago, a gay, a "refined sensibility man" had a hair cut in the middle of the street by the police. And he could receive any "biscuit" by the fascist.

Actually there is not discrimination.
Couples that want to adopt, hetero or homo, have to pass a psicologic test.

Libertad, Igualdad y Solidaridad.
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2007, 02:12:27 AM »

I celebrate 6 years this 10/31. I love my wife dearly but I would have been just as happy for us to continue cohabitating. The only problem is she can not pull the plug on me if I end up in the hospital.

That is one of the problems. If gay couple relationships are not recognized the partner has no say so in their partners affairs.

The problem is that people give this word "marriage" some sort of special place on a pedastal. Marriage is not just a religious setup. And that is the problem. People tell you to alter the kind of relationship gay couples can have. Saying that gay couples are not worthy of a marriage. Yet in Las Vegas you can be married by Elvis and have a klingon for you best man. What needs to happens is not to ammend the divorce laws, let them apply equally to all the couples, gay or straight, just as the marriage laws should.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next