Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 25, 2014, 08:37:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What IS your favorite TOY of the 21ST Century?  (Read 1597 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: July 19, 2007, 05:11:15 PM »

I've been really lucky getting to see some real clever GPS technology. I Mentioned I bought my wife a Garman C-550 GPS, with mp3 player, blue-tooth cellphone connection (hands free) you can put ANY place in the US in there, no only does it map, but if you see a restuant on the road ahead, you can click on a eatery you want to try, you can call the place with one touch of the screen and make reservations. Same with hotels, etc. Over 6 million places with phone and address info across the country and around the Globe.

She simple touches the screen to call home, my cell or work place, and her entire cellphone's phone numbers and names come up and she can easily call someone - then TALK HANDS FREE through the GPS's Bluetooth connection to your cellphone. The clairty is great, and Tracey can be listening to an Audiobook and it automatically pauses it while updated directions or a phone call comes in - then when concluded, the audiobook takes right back off playing without missing a beat.

My product for anyone DOWNLOADING PROTECTED AUDIOBOOKS (most online free libraries all at least a week to listen to these audiobook selections. The problem is THEY EXPIRE and can not be transfered after the expiration. There are hacks for this, although I really didn't like the idea: then I found www.tunebite.com a software program that plays the protected files 3 to 4 times normal rate, then just changes the speed back. Importantly, it does many audio tracks at once - on my computer a 15 section audiobook playing 18 hours long (that's a long book) takes about 1 hour 10 minutes to copy into NORMAL MP3 files. Now, they transfer anywhere and can be converted into other file extentions.

Tunebite - needs your soundcard's interaction. You need to mute anything that plays music, tv, videos or anything with SOUND needs to be closed or muted DURING the conversion time (again average audiobook 55 minutes with cable from the time I download the book, it is converted to MP# and now it PLAYS IN MY WIFES CAR - on her NEW SUPER GPS Smiley  We both have some cool toys. she loves the audiobook transfers which come in about 1 GIG per book - you'll need 2 gig of space for two books.

MP3 at the highest biterates is a waste - take the time to get a program like www.wavepad.com a free quality file converter - many options. But you can change the books stereo to Mono and decrease the quality's bite rate, lower 80hz to 16 or 20hz and doing these two things LEAVES YOU WITH A QUALITY audiobook recording with NO PRECEPTABLE SOUND QUALITY LOSS. You will go from 1gig a book down to 120megs - not bad.

I get two books on the SD Card - if I lowered the "supurb" audiofile to a very good audio file, I save 80% or more disc space - and you could (on a 2 gig card) 15 to 16 full books. SD 2gig cards are a great way to move small data for desktop to laptop.

Her GPS has FULL TEXT TO SPEECH, in other words it reads out all words like "Turn left at Bayville bvld and into parking lot entrance at OUTBACK STEAK HOUSE." really cool that it reads in good relicated voices - the Brittish Male Voice is the voice of her choice. He sounds like a faithful butler, very calm and clear.

So if you enjoy audiobooks and WANT TO CREATE an AUDIOBOOK LIBARARY then the $25 to get this program is WORTH EVERY PENNY. She has listened to 3 books while driving to work and safely and had
full access to her phone hands free - Nice toy huh Smiley

Honestly, all us audiobook people really could use these program.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is your FAVORITE TOY here in the 21st Century?Huh  I'm still thrilled with a 2gig mp3 and video player the size of a Zippo lighter - holds 20 Youtube videos a total of up 100 minutes of video playback.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Repzion
New Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 10:58:07 PM »

Lets just say my favorite toy, that i'll get sometime this year is...  EVGA GeForce 8800 Ultra / 768MB DDR3 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / Dual Link Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card  Smiley

" Anyone can count the seeds in a apple; but only God can count the apples in a seed"
nepenthes
Field Bee

Little honey bee in flight

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 01:48:11 AM »

Undecided

Nothing? Well the Cannon Digital Rebel XTi. But other wise, nothing really cause most of it is going to go to waste, cell phones are dumped by the thousands every day, not to mention the half million phones that people are replacing with the Iphone, i mean cool, it does stuff I can do at home and i have to charge it every 4 hours of continuous use. You will be stuck at home or just become so obsessed with your new phone Its kinda sad really. Because some new phone comes out we have thousands of perfectly good cell phones, but just because it doesn't have this or that. Same thing with laptops, and TV's, and just about any thing.

But what ever, We cant replace the world with an Iworld once we destroy this one...  rolleyes

"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.
Barngodess
New Bee

Labradors RULE

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 07:31:06 AM »

I guess my favorite is my simple little cell phone..... I'm behind the times I guess....... I live in the sticks, and when I moved here 15 years ago they never heard of a cell phone !! LOL !! And it's so difficult for businesses to get anything here..... cell towers HAVE to look like a pine tree...... the govt . here is trying to make this whole darned state, a tourist trap and nothing more..... so it was just in the past 5 years that we got cell towers .... we still have "dead spots" but it's better.....    I am still just amazed that I can be out at a waterfall in the middle of the woods, (while my Husband takes pics) and my cell phone rings and it's my son in another state...... I love this age we are living in !!

Melissa
 Wink

Never say never......
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 10:48:43 PM »

First I would say my air card from sprint that lets me use my laptop anywhere i want.
Second would be the gps software that is out there to use. It is getting better every year.
Finally would be all the bluetooth toys that are around.

Casimir
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 03:40:02 AM »

1. Dual and quad core chips (Can't Wait for Penryn)
2. BitTorrent (for legal purposes only of course) evil
3. larger hard drives (For everything I download from thepiratebay)
4. Love my iPod.
5. My favorite sites are Google, Wikipedia, digg, and here of course.
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 04:53:26 AM »

toy of the 21st century...hummmmmmmm
when you think about it, it's most from the 20th century and when you think harder, there are just too many....
LOL black permacomb...nope there's just nothing all that new that i couldn't live without.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 11:19:32 PM »

As I look on the 21st century I find that the things that I prefer to spend my time doing came about in the 19th century or earlier.  I can live without all the fabulous new gizmos that cost hundreds of dollars.  Give me a gun (for hunting), a Hoe & Shovel, an acre or two, seeds, livestock (includes poultry), and bees and I'm good to go.

I've been called a cormudgeon, which I consider a compliment.  After all, a cormudgeon is a reprobate with redeeming qualities.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 10:38:13 AM »

My favorite yoy of 21st century, is till my fishing rod. Its transformstional powers are unheralded by any other item. I put it in my hands, and like magic, no problems. Shear child-like joy. Best toy ever!

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 11:22:41 AM »

My favourite toys are:
My Sony Cybershot DSC-N2, 10.1 megapixel camera, with the touch screen, makes picture taking fast
My Sony Handycam that has a hard drive instead of discs or film, simple to use
My Mantis rototiller that has moved heaven and earth for me, along with rocks being bumped right out of the earth before my very eyes, to creat a massive rock pile for my bees to have as their landmark for home (loll)
My wheelbarrow that has two wheels and carry hundreds of pounds.  Actually many years ago when I first got it my neice helped me to move about 10 railroad ties to different parts of our property.  We straddled these (probably each one weighing about 80 pounds) across the wheelbarrow and moved them where we wanted them.

And then there is the house stuff, which I think all come in lastly.  My husband got me a little plaque that says:
"I live in the garden but I sleep in the house", ha, that almost depicts my lifestyle.

I love all the modern day gizmos and gadgets and can't get enough of them.  Have a wonderful day, love this life we're livin'.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next