Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 29, 2014, 01:13:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guinness may close St. James brewery. I am sorry I am very emotional right now.  (Read 1455 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: June 18, 2007, 07:05:53 PM »

This may qualify as the saddest day in the world.
I cannot believe a loving God would let the St. James brewery close.
I have to go now there is an Irish pub down the road in Buckhead. I am going to do my part. Are you?

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2007/0618/breaking59.htm

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 03:26:48 AM »

Blasphemy begorrah if ever oi heard it.

Another example of old industrial land now attractive as residential development. No mention of it being an outdated site that costs too much to maintain, just corporate greed.

These companies take over and sell off all the assets, make bug bucks, then sell their initial investment after it has been raped and pillaged.

Very sad indeed. As one who has been there, its just not nice.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 06:48:25 AM »

I would think this brewery would be a historic landmark.In a small city near here,A fellow owned a property that was all but burned to the ground and was not allowed to demolish it.Even though he owned it!
I think he is going to be forced to spend a lot of money to rebuild it or sell to someone who will reclaim it's "historic value" even though most has been lost.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 11:35:49 AM »

It's an old run down building. Tear it down and build something new. Just what is the point of trying to keep old buildings anyway? It is really stupid when you think about it.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 12:29:05 PM »

It's an old run down building. Tear it down and build something new. Just what is the point of trying to keep old buildings anyway? It is really stupid when you think about it.

True, but a brewery? Aren't some things sacred? Its like a grill, you dont clean off the flavor do ya'! Hundreds of years of beer-crud is flavor to me!

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 12:58:07 PM »

Well, to clean a grill I just turn the fire on high.  Are you suggesting they do that to clean off the beer-crud? shocked

Speaking of which...Beer-Crud sounds like the name of a heavy-metal band...

Rick
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 04:05:16 PM »

True, but a brewery? Aren't some things sacred? Its like a grill, you dont clean off the flavor do ya'! Hundreds of years of beer-crud is flavor to me!

I always figured anyone who drinks beer didn't have any taste anyway. (Ducking for cover)

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
organicgrl37
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 01:37:42 PM »

of all buildings to keep sacred it should be the brewery. it used to be that just about every town had their own, what better way to celebrate the past and toast to the future then with a local brew. It is truly a sad day when a piece of history is thrown away because a few narrow minded folks don't see the historical value.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 12:35:19 AM »

Aftter WWII the state of Washington had 2 major breweries, Rainier and Olympia Beers.  Both got bought out by the big guys from the Mid West (Busch and Budweiser) and turned into local makers of their national brands.  Now the State of Washington has over 2 dozen micro breweries.  3 In Skagit County alone.  Anacortes, LaConner, and Mount Vernon.  Someday the micro breweries will become the new Bud or Busch and somebody else will fill the micro brewery gap.  NBD.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next