Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 30, 2014, 01:56:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Birthday Robo  (Read 2217 times)
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« on: July 29, 2007, 08:26:46 AM »

I reformated my computer a couple of weeks ago and lost my cake picture but surely someone has one to put up.  Anyway Happy birthday, hope it is the great day it should be. Smiley

randydrivesabus
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 08:34:39 AM »

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 11:08:46 AM »

Here's a cake for you, Robo!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 11:40:18 AM »

Happy birhtday Rob, shoot I thought you was older than me Wink

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 02:52:41 PM »

Happy Happy Birthday Rob:

More than anyone, I know the efforts you make daily to always make Beemaster Forum the BEST that it can be. As we near 2000 REAL Members, not an inflated list with Spam bots as we once had. Rob is the man who took us from the php, to this fine working SMF. Rob though is the forums Tech Guy - please don't bother him list any computer questions except in the PC Tech forum where he and others may answer. Rob often answers the technical forums relative questions - he is not our Co-Admin for nothing, Rob is critical to our technical success. Although we rarely mention that, because the last thing Rob needs are requests for building webpages, being a Geek-Squad replacement.

Nope - I'll ask everyone here to let Robo do what he does best,: give us a very functional and ever growing forum AND soon a better structered file management series on my web FTP site - Rob is actually rearranging my uploaded content, into proper folders for me - giving all my links in a all my web pages reflect the new addresses. WOW. So we should be a much more speedy and many of you know about the NEXT BIG MOVE as we move Beemaster.com to a new server and also, Beemaster.com will soon be expanded by 20 years until 2030.

So for those not knowing, Robo is our Technical Administrator -  this wonderful SMF based forum we have here is all his magic, the participation we make is what make SMF and any forum software a success, which we surely are - I'm often thanked for our forum, I want you to know this forum is a team effort, and all our administrative members make us look great and we all look for trouble before it happens and ends it luckily if something objectionable comes about.

Rob - On this day as on every day, I wish you wonderful things.  Happy Birthday!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
eivindm
Global Moderator
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 04:19:02 PM »

Happy birthday, Rob!  I hope you'll have a wonderful evening!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 04:23:44 PM »

Party hardy

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 04:26:18 PM »

Happy Birthday Robo.

grin

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
tillie
Super Bee

Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 09:00:10 PM »

Happy Birthday, Robo, and thanks for all you do for us - this is a great forum and you make it work - Have a great b-day.

Linda T in Atlanta

http://beekeeperlinda.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You never can tell with bees" - Winnie the Pooh

Click for Atlanta, Georgia Forecast" border="0" height="60" width="468
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 07:44:37 AM »

Wow!!  Thanks for all the kind words and wishes.   I had a great day with my family grin

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 08:10:44 AM »

better late than never: happy birthday!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 10:52:52 AM »

Rob, like Mici said, better late than never.  I hear that you had a great day with your family.  Yeah!!!  Good for you.

John, thank you for telling us all about the hard work that Rob does, never actually realized it.  Have a wonderful day, best health and life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 03:39:16 PM »

Cindi:

It isn't hard to see the title Aministrator above Robo's Name, but that could mean anything -I like to call myself the host, I think it is friendlier to be a host. Theforum has evolved over the 4 plus years - without spabot members, everytime we see a new member CHANCER AGRE it is a real flesh and bone beekeeper or wannabee beekeeper who found our site and now it is EVERYONE'S JOB not the Admin-staff (who's primary job is to protect members, enforce bilaws. keep topics in correct forums and deal with issues that shouldn't ever concern members.

On the other hand, I think it equally as responcible as a member to welcome NEW MEMBERS aboard - Remember, they took the time and figured out that GREETINGS was a great place to start and they should always be welcomed by a diverse group of members and staff alike.

It is impossible for me to welcome everyone - but I have written and filmed the content used for a 5 minute WELCOE TO BEEMASTER FORUMS VIDEO - first greeting all new members, showing them a tour of the features and showing good examples of screens, so that they can create a quality profile which tells us all about them. Not to foget showing them how to post images, download ventrilo voice chat (may be a separate video) but I think that will inspire others to voice chat.

Speaking of which, we have added 3 new members into voice chat - CWBees, Rapzion, and Clegs - CW is already awaiting Tigar Woods Golf to Arrive and the others have interest in playingEnemy Territory. Man we have fun in voice chat - I wish more people would just listen in, but the offer still stands - if someone needs a microphone (inexpesive but good for voice chat) then Beemaster Forums will supplly this member DISCRETELY a mic so he/she can come into voice chat.

So we all have our jobs to do Cindi - I'm the look and layout guy, I create, monitor activity, arrange and modify the look of the forum as needed. I add new forum topics at member requests, Deal with the members who's ISPs block their registration varification letter and activate them manually. I try to be the good will guy, I think you said somethng interesting - John, it is great that you don't mind spending time in front of the camera, entertaining and educating us. This new Vidio Making thng has me hooked pretty good. I originally thought to scan all my photos into the computer (4 at a time on a page) and then crop them to shape, save under four names. But now I'm setting up my camera with a tripod, and I can just swap out photos under the camer and snap the remote ocontrol to catch the image - giving it a random name, but I'll find them all earlier using the thumbnail search features Smiley

So I can do about 120 photos an hour and each are individually named and at best needs a single cropping to square the photo properly.

To take photos and make a sideshow is EASY with WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER (please people it has come with ALL WINDOWS SYSTEMS since at least 98 which I use on my old Dell Desktop.) Putting your photos on the forum is easy once you have done and making a slideshow for Youtube isn't any harder - probably quicker if you have lots of photos. Toss in a sound track and any slide show can be interesting.

Back to work here  - talk to everyone later.

Follow us on TWITTER

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 10:09:14 PM »

Hey Robo,

As the tech guru for beemaster. I have a late present for you.

Wink

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 12:34:28 AM »

John, thank you for elaborating a little bit more on the role that you play as the host of the forum.  I bet mahy of us wouldn't even have a clue what goes on in the background of our forum.  I know I just thought that it rolled along  rolleyes, like a slow meandering creek, always moving along, slowly, but surely.

The stuff that must be done to have this type of entertainment and learning worldwide is mindblowing.

I take my hat off to all of the wonderful people that make this a great and safe place to spend so much time.  This forum always brings a smile to my face, and adds a wonderful feeling of happiness and brightness to my morning hours (and sometimes in the evenings too).   I thank you all for "being there".  Have the most wonderful day, and the best of this beautiful life we're all livin'.  Cindi

P.S.  I never knew that windows had something called movie maker.  I have many many pictures that I have selected and put into folders, I could surely make some cool slideshows and put them on youtube too.  I just need a little start-up help, one day, when there is time on one's hand.  C

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 04:22:44 PM »

Cindi:

The nice thing about Movie MAker as a slideshow maker is you can really edit it with a sound track or narration - the length of each pic can be custonised by simple drang and drop of the length of the clip in the time-line. Sounds tough, isn't.

There is no reason people cannot use this for slideshowing, You grab entire sections of images from a folder and move them at once, no 1 pic at a time move crap!

If you have any questions, let me know in PM - be glad to help Smiley

Remember too - you can set it up for FRIENDS AND FAMILY ONLY - and make it so only they can share it - that is a nice feature. I assume you add their email addresses or their Youtube username. I like the world to see  mine  rolleyes that's the Leo in me  grin

Follow us on TWITTER

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next