Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
My water source is probably a 300-400 yards away. Does not seem to bother my bees. They will go a couple miles in any direction for food.
Good point but that is to many stings for me. I would have wore my gloves.
« Last post by iddee on Today at 09:10:56 AM »
 A major research institution has just announced the discovery of the densest element yet known to science. The new element has been named Pelosium. The chemical symbol of Pelosium is Pu. Pelosium has one neutron, 12 assistant neutrons, 75 deputy neutrons, and 224 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 311. These particles are held together by dark particles called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

Pelosium?s mass actually increases over time, as morons randomly interact with various elements in the atmosphere and become assistant deputy neutrons within the Pelosium molecule, leading to the formation of isodopes. This characteristic of moron-promotion leads some scientist to believe that Pelosium is formed whenever morons reach a certain quantity in concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as Critical Morass.

When catalyzed with money, Pelosium activates MSNBCobnoxium and CNNadnausium, both elements that radiate orders of magnitude more energy, albeit as incoherent noise, since they have half as many peons but twice as many morons as Pelosium.

Since it has no electrons, Pelosium is inert. However, it can be detected chemically as it impedes every reaction it comes in contact with. According to the discoverers, a minute amount of Pelosium causes one reaction to take over four days to complete when it would have normally occurred in less than a second. In the presense of anti-morons, Pelosium can be extremely corrosive. Botox seems to distort and smooth it's surface, without impeding it's ongoing decay.

Pelosium has a normal half-life of approximately two years, at which time it does not decay, but instead undergoes a transmutation, appearing in a new location but displaying the same properties. In this process, assistant neutrons, vice neutrons and assistant vice neutrons exchange places. Some studies have shown that the atomic mass actually increases after each transmutation.

Research at other laboratories indicates that Pelosium occurs naturally in the atmosphere. It tends to concentrate at certain points such as government agencies, large corporations, universities, and anywhere there is news coverage occurring. It can usually be found in the newest, best appointed, and best maintained buildings.

Scientists point out that Pelosium is known to be toxic at any level of concentration and can easily destroy any productive reaction where it is allowed to accumulate. Attempts are being made to determine how Pelosium can be controlled to prevent irreversible damage, but results to date are not promising
« Last post by GSF on Today at 08:44:43 AM »
I took about 15-25 stings on the bare hands over about 3.5 to 4 hours. They should have stung me, I was in their brood nest :wink:
What are the other choices?  Monoculture is not the best.
DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING / Re: Late season swarms
« Last post by hollie on Today at 07:31:18 AM »
Thanks so much for your replies.  You were spot on Andersonhoney - I opened them up about 9pm and they left again mid afternoon.  Settled on a shrub nearby. I collected them then returned them to the nuc box but with a new frame I pulled out of another hive - half drawn. They were still going in and out today - but given the previous behaviour I expect them to leave.... I didn't see any pollen going in.  I removed a frame with some capped brood and supplies from another hive, but decided to wait until to put it in until I think they might stay as that hive is cranky as I recently robbed.
Yantabulla, I think you are right - if they are in there and look to move tomorrow, I wont try again. I needed to move a frame or two around, so gave it the second try. Will let you know what's there tomorrow. Cheers.
HUMOR IS A FUNNY THING / Re: Iddees' helper Downunder ! !
« Last post by herbhome on Today at 02:02:22 AM »
 :cheesy:Read this to Sweet Wife, she said" Southern Ladies have known this for years, only we say,'Bless your heart!' :grin:
No it doesn't.  The important thing is to have a good water sourcel closer than your neighbors  pool. It doesn't sound like that is your problem.
« Last post by rookie2531 on Today at 12:06:05 AM »
My lids are just as the drawings. But for feeding I make inner covers with holes that for jars perfect. I make my cotes nuc boxes with no bottoms, so they are stackable. And cover the jars with an empty box. When they ten frames, I can add another on top.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10