Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 20, 2014, 04:26:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spill Baby Spill  (Read 5445 times)
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 02:36:32 PM »

I agree with Mason, although I hate the waste of fuel. The leader has to be SEEN leading. It probably is a morale booster for those who live there and see him making a presence.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 03:57:32 PM »

I know I am just so different from everybody else. Some disaster that affects me, one of the last things I care to see is the Mayor, or President, or Governor, or anyone else trying to get face time with the media to "Look like they are doing something". And I guess if my business was ruined and I was needing help, I would really rather he send me the check for the cost of the fuel to help rebuild/restart/relocate than burn it up. I'm sure the millions he has spent doing the "responsible leadership business trips" could have gone a long way to help those that are affected by the mess.

Shrimp boat payments. Mortgage payments. Other cost to other people out of work because of the mess.

Yeah..... I really see the trip(s) as being a responsible response(s).

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 04:17:06 PM »

I get what you're saying, Jerrymac, and agree. I just think that practically speaking, in this age of TV and sound bites, presidents HAVE to be seen, even when they may not actually have helped out by flying to the zone of disaster. Think of Bush not being at Katrina for so long. It just looked bad, even though he may not have personally been able to be helpful hanging out around there.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2010, 04:41:48 PM »

I guess the one's that need him there are the "Gimmes" and those like me are the "getthehelloutofmywayers" (sorry couldn't think of a good one.)

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 05:01:28 PM »

I don't so much care whether he (Obama) gets some face time scrubbing off a seagull, or staring at oily mud looking sad; as I am aggravated at the stifling repeated FAILURES to approve initiatives designed to block or capture the oil. this isn't a time to do an impact study to determine how a sand berm will effect the marshes, this is a time to say "try it now and see if it works, and if it does we'll pass it on as an effective method."

be happy and make others happy.
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2010, 05:14:53 PM »

Yeah, I heard of some filtration system being proposed that wouldn't pass EPA since they weren't sure if the effluent water would be pure enough. What?!? I don't know the truth of that one. It seems too crazy to be true.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2010, 10:37:24 PM »

Here is a solution that sounds really great

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20100611/sc_livescience/treatedcottoncouldhelpfightgulfoilspill

Jerry

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2010, 06:43:02 AM »

Last night before I went to bed I was watching some news program (half an eye on it) and they ran a story saying Florida residents weren't being allowed to clean up their own beaches.  WHY???  What kind of game is being played here?  Why are they ignoring, delaying, twiddling, etc. when people offer real, concrete help?

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2010, 07:15:20 PM »

OSHA

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2010, 07:48:45 PM »

I imagine that OSHA doesn't want to risk the law suits from injured civilians....the environment can't sue.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2010, 08:04:57 PM »

Well that is just plain stupid  Undecided

Jerry

AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2010, 09:03:01 PM »

The oil still belongs to BP.   If you get sick from cleaning up their oil, you might be able to sue them, but they might turn around and sue you.  They are handling (as the head hancho) the clean up everywhere on the shores so far.  So far all the clean up guys are employed by BP or are working as sub contractors under BP management.   The gov don't want people to get sick from doing something wrong or stupid in cleaning up the beaches.

This is about as stupid as the Fed gov wanting an environmental impact study done before they could build sand berms to protect the wet lands before the oil got in there and killed everything.   Could the sand berms hurt the wildlife worse than the oil? 
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2010, 09:22:41 PM »

No. The oil was theirs as long as they had control over it. When it hit some one's property it was trespassing and subject to finders keepers.  grin

Jerry

AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2010, 09:41:52 PM »

I wonder if you can sell that stuff on Ebay?
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2010, 11:01:10 AM »

I wonder if you can sell that stuff on Ebay?

Some people will buy anything if it is cheap enough or you will sell it to them on credit.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2010, 12:50:48 PM »

I need to change the oil in the truck.   I wonder......................
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2010, 01:01:18 PM »

If I ever become oil I hope someone puts me in a motorcycle.  With my luck I will become a fossil and some yo-yo will dig me up and put me on his wall with a stupid hat on me.

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
wd
Field Bee

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2010, 03:51:18 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/user/BPplc

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2010, 04:14:16 PM »

One way or another

Jerry

cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2010, 06:35:02 PM »

Stuff the Greeks, who needs tankers! Wink

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next