The ones I made are possibly identical to what you have. This is my first wintering with the ventilated cover and I really like it for various reasons.
1. Good ventilation in conjunction with screened bottom board. SBB is adjusted according to your local weather/location
by "sliding" tray/board.
2. Easy inspection during winter. I have a removable center screen "slide" within the ventilated cover so that I can keep bees
out during warm weather. During cold weather I can remove "slide" and allow bees to access interior feeding area. See
3. I don't have to remove telescopic cover during inclement weather to check on food. I just peek through side screened holes.
4. Like I said before, this is my first year using these. The past few days we had strong winds (30-40 mph). Winds did not
affect bee cluster in top center of hive, directly under feeding jar. Possibly due to side holes being drilled in upward angle.
5. Hive is entirely insulated with 1" foam.
6. On pic I have lifted telescopic cover temporarily so bees could fly out. Temp was 35-40 deg. F. Bees have been using upper
vent hole as a entrance since February when they reached upper supper.