Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 16, 2014, 03:53:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: if you own a gun.....  (Read 3681 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: October 28, 2008, 10:41:37 AM »

there are a number of things the UN has been trying to pass.  the US and a few other countries have been able to block most of this.  that may be about to change.

the UN would like (just to name a few things) an international crimes tribunal....crimes to be defined by the UN, a standing UN army, (by conscription? or numbers per country required?), an international tax to fund itself, and small arms control.

CASA and it's sub sections are pretty interesting to read, but SALSA is equally frightening. it has to do with ammunition, etc.  strangely, many of the articles are not in english....not a problem if you have a translator smiley  google does a reasonable job.

understanding that UN documents are re-written and cleaned up before posting on-line, and understanding that the word "illicit" is defined by the international body (subject to change), the documents taken together are frightening.

recently a friend pointed out that taking guns away from US citizens would lead to a revolution.  that's probably true.  however, making it progressively harder to find and buy ammunition and equipment would, over time, accomplish the same thing.

regardless of your political leanings you will probably agree that if we elect Obama he is more likely to support UN desires and general "internationalism".  those things that the US has blocked in the past, are likely to be supported in the future.

if you own guns, now would be a good time to make sure you are well supplied with ammunition and equipment. 

just for fun  tongue

http://cyberschoolbus.un.org/dnp/sub2.asp?ipage=smallarms

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 11:43:22 AM »

Kathy I've been trying to tell people about this fore year's. And yes I do have a stock pile. This stuff scare's the he-- out of me. I may be out of hand but I think they the UN is trying for a one world order and they are the head of it. The last thing we need is a spineless president. I haven't heard any thing about are second amendment right in the debate's have you. has any body heard what Obama think's about it? This is like a full jar of candy take one piece and nobody will notice but when it's all gone every body Say's what happend to the candy. That's what's going on with gun Rights.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 12:08:28 PM »

also forgot to add that they want to do away with the veto power of the 5 permanent members, and also would like to do away with the 5 permanent members either entirely, or have new members on a rotating basis.  if you look at the list of member countries, and look at those put on councils like human rights, etc. you can see where that will end up.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 02:02:29 PM »

If any one ever does run out of ammunition I will share.  I have enough components to last many lifetimes
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 03:43:20 PM »

Just what happens to a president that breaks his oath anyway?

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 04:03:03 PM »

well....when the majority elect a president who has already expressed disappointment in the constitution, and will appoint judges who believe the constitution is a "living document," probably...nothing.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 04:26:15 PM »

So what is the military to do  shocked

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Seems the constitution is first and the president is second.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 04:37:40 PM »

so it is.  it was designed that way for a reason.  remember we had this conversation during Jericho smiley.

Alexis de Tocqueville
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 04:53:17 PM »

Big differences in those oath's between the pres and the military. The pres gets to weakly state "to the best of my ability" while the military says "I will...."

Maybe that's why a former military man would be best.... Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 05:57:18 PM »

Maybe that's why a former military man would be best

considering our choices...that seems to be the best of the bad.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 07:20:33 PM »

I think that if you have never served in the military you should not have the right to be president.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 07:41:27 PM »

oh, i don't know.  we have had some good non-military presidents, and some not so good prior service presidents.  carter was no prize, yet he was a graduate of the naval academy and served on subs.  Jefferson had no military service, but was a reasonably good president....it did take him a while to figure out that force is sometimes the best option....  both Adams were civilians.

i prefer military service because i want the person who orders large chunks of my family into harms way, to have clue.  Clinton, for instance, had us pretty much continually angry off...but so did carter  smiley
unfortunately, i served under both.

Alexis de Tocqueville
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 07:50:43 PM »

I am just buying food, gold and bullets and not necessarily in that order. Plus lining people up to live on the compound and man the guard towers. evil

1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 07:53:09 PM »

If any one ever does run out of ammunition I will share.  I have enough components to last many lifetimes
  My other hobbie is a gunsmith evil
Johnny
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 07:56:21 PM »

When the war / revolution starts, I will be ready.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 08:04:07 PM »

Do anybody bow hunt?
Wes Sapp
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 08:39:59 PM »

I haven't heard any thing about are second amendment right in the debate's have you. has any body heard what Obama think's about it?

From the Illinois State Rifle Association's web site. http://www.isra.org/
"Any sportsman who counts Barack Obama as one of his friends is seriously confused," said ISRA Executive Director Richard Pearson. "Throughout his tenure in the Illinois Senate, Obama served as one of the most loyal foot soldiers in Mayor Daley's campaign to abolish civilian firearm ownership. While a state senator, Obama voted for legislation that would ban and forcibly confiscate nearly every shotgun, target rifle and hunting rifle in the state. Obama also voted for bills that would ration the number of firearms a law-abiding citizen could own, yet give a pass to the violent thugs who roam our streets. And, inexplicably, Obama voted four times against legislation that would allow citizens to use firearms to defend their homes and families."

Wes Sapp
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 08:44:30 PM »

Apparently, nothing happens.  When the Supreme Court struck down the law restricting guns withing so many yards of a school, as a violation of the 10th amendment, Clinton said "I have instructed the Attorney General to find a way around the Constitution."

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 10:30:03 PM »

When the war / revolution starts, I will be ready.

Steve
We will be, too.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 10:42:46 PM »

Do anybody bow hunt?

I bowhunt, (own two recurves, a long bow and a compound) rifle (270) and blackpowder (50cal) and I own a 12 guage shotgun and a 22 long rifle. Mainly I just enjoy being out in the woods, taking game now and again is lagniappe.

Oh, and protecting myself from thugs.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next